Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Saint Martin Princess Juliana Airport, MSFS

Take my money!!!!  Went there two years ago on a cruise and took a boat tour over to Maho Beach and watched the planes come in.  They had a copy of the schedule from the airport so they told us when each scheduled flight was due to arrive..

Unfortunately 747's don't go there anymore, but it was still great fun bobbing in a noodle waiting for a plane to come in.  

2020-10-20-08h35-47.png

2020-10-20-08h30-02.png

Edited by wthomas33065
  • Like 2

REALLY HOPING Martin does the 3 together again... I’ve spent many a happy evening flying St. Maarten, St. Barts, Saba and St. Maarten with a G&T and the glow of sunset all around my biplane... come on @FlyTampa!

C

PS- @AVSIM Admin really need to get developers tagged so they know when their products are mentioned... please!

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I'll be happy with any version right now. I'm surprised ASOBO did not pay attention to TNCM. Asobo is french, aren't they?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

13 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'll be happy with any version right now. I'm surprised ASOBO did not pay attention to TNCM. Asobo is french, aren't they?

Yes, but isn‘t TNCM in the Dutch part of the Island?

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Shack95 said:

Si.

1 minute ago, Shack95 said:

ja dat is zo

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Shack95 said:

Bingo!  And to be honest, not much more needs to be done for Saint Barthelemy...It's terrifying enough as is 😄

• Like 2

The southern half of the island, Sint Maarten, is owned/run by the Netherlands... TNCM  

sry for the Tagteam wrestling match I think you pinned him

Edited by sluihn
No reason
  • Like 1

They are all 3 perfectly flyable as is (TNCM is the least detailed).. but I adore FlyTampa...

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

53 minutes ago, wthomas33065 said:

Take my money!!!!  Went there two years ago on a cruise and took a boat tour over to Maho Beach and watched the planes come in.  They had a copy of the schedule from the airport so they told us when each scheduled flight was due to arrive..

Unfortunately 747's don't go there anymore, but it was still great fun bobbing in a noodle waiting for a plane to come in.  

2020-10-20-08h35-47.png

2020-10-20-08h30-02.png

I was there for the final 747 landing in 2017:

https://youtu.be/zsPu6uN5POQ

I’ve also flown into St. Barts. 

https://youtu.be/LHNlLTBZXRA

Final approach there looks perfectly reasonable on video; in real life it feels like youve been dropped off the side of a building. 

I go to Anguilla every year. The flying down there is just amazing. 

• Like 2

Looks like this trio of AP’s has already been done incredibly well by Asobo and is miles ahead of what they look like in P3D by FlyTampa!

These AP’s obviously got special attention in MSFS and any add-on developer doing them better set the bar pretty dam high or I’ll happily stick with the stock ones!

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

They did!

Its an airport that got special attention along with St Barth’s and looks better than the old FlyTampa ones in P3D!

Chris Camp

25 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

They did!

Its an airport that got special attention along with St Barth’s and looks better than the old FlyTampa ones in P3D!

Take some pics of FlyTampa's version of TNCM then a few from the ASOBO default version. I'd like for you to show me what you mean. Thank you.

TNCM only, please.

BTW, I have not been to Asobo's TNCM since the first day it was released. If ASOBO improved the airport after I mentioned here (AVSIM) what a disgrace it was that they did not give it the attention it deserved, then forgive me.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

Both looking promising, but they will certainly need to be impressive to justify buying them to replace an already good stock airport. I personally don't see the need t model interiors other than to look good in previews like this, and I'd question how many people look inside the buildings after the first time, if at all. I'd prefer the time and resources went to providing more detail in the surrounding area or simply putting the time saved towards the next project.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)