Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Barometric pressure in ATC

My apologies if this has been asked before, I unfortunately couldn't find what I am looking for. Here's my question, is it possible to have FS2020's ATC default to HPa rather than IN Hg? And if so, how to accomplish that?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 hours ago, hvw said:

My apologies if this has been asked before, I unfortunately couldn't find what I am looking for. Here's my question, is it possible to have FS2020's ATC default to HPa rather than IN Hg? And if so, how to accomplish that?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

It's on the list for an update coming your way soon from Asobo...  " conversion to metric Units where available"

Tentatively for update 5 which is the next one, early Nov all being well assuming they also include the ATC in that update.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

5 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I'm keen for a solution to this as well ...

Isn't it weird that apparently Asabo, being an European company, didn't realise that in Europe and in the majority of the rest of the world hPa is being used rather than INHg. Let's hope they will come up with a correction in an update soon. (As well as an improvement for their ATC. Too bad we can't use Radar Contact with FS2020 🙂 ).

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

4 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

It's on the list for an update coming your way soon from Asobo...  " conversion to metric Units where available"

Tentatively for update 5 which is the next one, early Nov all being well assuming they also include the ATC in that update

Hi Graham,

Our messages crossed :). Let's just wait and see what is going to happen.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

36 minutes ago, hvw said:

Isn't it weird that apparently Asabo, being an European company, didn't realise that in Europe and in the majority of the rest of the world hPa is being used rather than INHg. Let's hope they will come up with a correction in an update soon. (As well as an improvement for their ATC. Too bad we can't use Radar Contact with FS2020 🙂 ).

I'd say that's one of the least surprising things they apparently don't know about aviation.

37 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I'd say that's one of the least surprising things they apparently don't know about aviation.

Right, and that's why I still call FS2020 a game rather than a flight simulator. No doubt, they will find their way towards creating a great product, it will take time, though. Apparently they are willing to listen to the simming community and bring their product up to a great level. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe