Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonboy162

The "big 7" tweaks and stutters.

I have only done the fiber/poolsize tweaks-I tried many of the others but didn't get much of a performance improvement but did lose the visuals. For me there are however two tweaks I use with regularity-if I am going to fly serious ifr with dense real weather or in dense city spots-I turn autogen/water/and ai traffic off and get 25-40 fps .If I am going to take an enjoyable sightseeing scenic flight-I turn everything up-and in remote areas where it is most scenic get 15-40 fps and accept in the low teens and a little under that at a dense airport/city-but enjoy the wow factor.I also have another setting that gives me a little of both.I have these different configs saved and switch instantly without fuss from one mode to the other. It is worth investigating this new feature (ability to save different configs) imho before applying tweaks that are reducing features you may wish to have depending on your mode of flying at the moment.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>For me there are however two tweaks I use with regularity-if I>am going to fly serious ifr with dense real weather or in>dense city spots-I turn autogen/water/and ai traffic off and>get 25-40 fps .>I do that too, although I prefer to leave some AI on, in an IFR approach in bad weather, as I consider the AI to be a desired part of the experience. But then again, if the aI was killing my frames by 25%, I would indeed turn it off. :) So I know where you are coming from there.>I have these different configs saved and switch instantly>without fuss from one mode to the other. That's what I do too. And the thing is, I have found, that I only need to use the most draconian config very rarely. Most approaches at most airports in most wx conditions maintain very acceptable frame rates on my system.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The biggest impact and improvement of my framerates was not purchasing this software without doing my homework. Also, spending countless hours on tweaking this thing just to get a lousy 12fps with GeForce 8 cards (:D at idiots spending all this money on them)You people should have waited, like a lot of people in the community with purchasing this edition, I can't even begin to describe how much laughs I've had reading all these posts on here since it came out in October regarding tweaking, bullsh.itting, loosing this in advantage of that... ridiculous.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest ldaly

Hi Mike TThanks for the big laugh - almost missed it! - & how about a fully loaded 16K Trash 80 with a stringy floppy?BTW - what does NT mean, other than Windows NT?Lew

It means No Thanks.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest FxF3

This adds nothing to the topic. Calling people names really adds nothing. What was the point of your post?I have only done the so called CFG tweaks, and replaced the AI which seems to be the best thing for my system.

Guest smarti05

Well he's correct but he good have kept it to himself, i bought fsx because i'm a glutton for punishment.

Guest Rayed

>NT.>FSX Specs: Timex Sinclair T-1000 @ 3.25MHz - 2KB RAM - 22x32 Monochrome >TV Display - OS: ROM BASIC - Cassette Tape Drive - Sound: Single Pezio >BeeperDid you overclock your Sinclair!? How dare you :)

I would also suggest adding an 8th tweak.1. Turn off the FPS counter. :)With FPS off, my yardstick is a smooth flight and much more enjoyable. Bob..