Sign in to follow this  
johnbla

A quick question for the lucky ones

Following this with great interest. Quick question, I will not be able to use the clamps as I have a pull out keyboard tray underneath my desk. Is the yoke heavy enough to stay in place with it's rubber feet if you go easy on the controls. I only fly GA, never tube liners. Thanks in advance.

Hi there, the yoke will not really stay in place without the clamp as the forces are too high. If you use it without the clamp attached it will likely move if you make any big movements.

Chris

You could try to use those anti slip pads that you put on dashboards to keep things from flying around in the car. Alternatively, you could screw the yoke onto a board thats wide enough so you can use clamps next to the keyboard tray. I've done this for my current yoke, and mounted a throttle quadrant on the same board next to it so I can quicky mount both in one go.

Another option is to use something like a Wheelstand Pro, but it might not be suitable for heavier yokes.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

@johnbla, I used to have a keyboard pullout but found it hampered yokes being attached to the desk. So I dispensed with it and bought this instead. Three sets of feet so you can adjust the height of the stand. With the Fulcrum I need all three as it's higher than the Saitek. But you can put the keyboard on it plus other things like a GoFlight MCP.

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/company-uk/3m-products/~/3M-Adjustable-Monitor-Stand-Black-Silver-304-mm-x-381-mm-x-15-mm/?N=5002385+3293715027&rt=rud

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@johnbla, I used to have a keyboard pullout but found it hampered yokes being attached to the desk. So I dispensed with it and bought this instead. Three sets of feet so you can adjust the height of the stand. With the Fulcrum I need all three as it's higher than the Saitek. But you can put the keyboard on it plus other things like a GoFlight MCP.

https://www.3m.co.uk/3M/en_GB/company-uk/3m-products/~/3M-Adjustable-Monitor-Stand-Black-Silver-304-mm-x-381-mm-x-15-mm/?N=5002385+3293715027&rt=rud

My keyboard has always sat on top of my yoke housing, with the TQ retaining the right side of the keyboard, and a Cessna Trim Wheel retaining the left side--works great! 

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Here's a couple of shots I took with the keyboard in different positions. It will happily sit on top of the Fulcrum should space be at a premium.

Fulcrum_Keyboard_1.jpg

Fulcrum_Keyboard_2.jpg

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm very excited to see this released.  Thanks for posting pictures Ray!  I'm near the bottom of the pre-order list, so I will have to wait a little longer for mine, but its all good... gives me time to come up with an optimal mounting solution.  I like having a flat desktop surface, so I'm planning on mounting the yoke on the bottom which is the way I currently have my Saitek yoke rigged up. 

It has mounting holes on the side yes?   I will need to fabricate some custom brackets for sure.

I tried to download the "manual" and the "mounting template" from the Fulcrum website, but I've been unsuccessful getting the links to work.

2 hours ago, danwood said:

I tried to download the "manual" and the "mounting template" from the Fulcrum website, but I've been unsuccessful getting the links to work.

1 hour ago, tutmeister said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I will get the web devs to take a look at it.

I was meaning to point that out too. If you haven't had the time to look, the links are 'dead', not even sending you to a blank page (in Edge Browser at least).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Looks real solid Ray!  When will I get mine?  Will they send me an email?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

18 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Hi there, the yoke will not really stay in place without the clamp as the forces are too high. If you use it without the clamp attached it will likely move if you make any big movements.

Chris

And scratch or gouge your table or desk surface.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

And scratch or gouge your table or desk surface.

The rubber feet will prevent that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes they will Ray,  they are surprisingly grippy too when you first try to slide the yoke on a desk but they are definitely not enough to go without the clamp.

Che is