Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke and Switch Panel

I'd like to upgrade my ancient AETI yoke and was hoping for some feedback from those who are using the Honeycomb Alpha to control their fleet in MSFS.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Not sure what the problem is, mine has worked perfectly. One of the best things I have ever purchased for flight sim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

5 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Not sure what the problem is, mine has worked perfectly. One of the best things I have ever purchased for flight sim. 

Tell me more please. I'd like to order before they run out.

DJ, I’m not sure what else to say, but it worked perfectly out of the box, and all of the switches do exactly what they are supposed to do without have to configure or tweak anything in the configuration.

The suction clamp was all I needed to fix it to the desk surface, although it also has mechanical clamps.  

I was fortunate enough to find one that was sold at the msrp, and not like the 500 dollars you see on eBay or amazon.

• Upvote 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

16 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

DJ, I’m not sure what else to say, but it worked perfectly out of the box, and all of the switches do exactly what they are supposed to do without have to configure or tweak anything in the configuration.

The suction clamp was all I needed to fix it to the desk surface, although it also has mechanical clamps.  

I was fortunate enough to find one that was sold at the msrp, and not like the 500 dollars you see on eBay or amazon.

It's $250 right now.

So no issues with assignments or lights with MSFS?

If no, I'll order.

Edited by DJJose

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

It's $250 right now.

So no issues with assignments or lights with MSFS?

If no, I'll order.

That’s what I paid, and zero issues.  The lights, magneto, axis, etc all paired perfectly out of the box.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

2 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

That’s what I paid, and zero issues.  The lights, magneto, axis, etc all paired perfectly out of the box.

Done!

42 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I received mine last Friday and like FrankR409 said, it has worked perfectly. I tested for the Heading Bug issue and I am not getting it. I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs, so that may be why. As to OP, the Alpha is so far beyond what my CH Yoke in quality, it is amazing. I can't wait for the Bravo Throttle to arrive. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD

3 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I received mine last Friday and like FrankR409 said, it has worked perfectly. I tested for the Heading Bug issue and I am not getting it. I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs, so that may be why. As to OP, the Alpha is so far beyond what my CH Yoke in quality, it is amazing. I can't wait for the Bravo Throttle to arrive. 

+1

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

46 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Be aware the Fulcrum has also started shipping.

Way to large to fit in my flying environment and at almost twice the price.  I am always suspicious when a post like the one to start this topic is so immediately followed with a plug for a different brand.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 minutes ago, Mikeingreen said:

I don't use the scroll wheel to change altitude or heading, I use the knobs

??????

Frank Patton
ASUS 

If you want one the XPlane store has in stock. So they say.

Store is in FL so maybe I'll get it this week. 😀

I have one also and love it,

For MSFS I used the Joystick curve software to create a linear curve for pitch, roll & yaw and it makes a world of difference. I leave the sensitivity curves in MSFS alone. In X-Plane 11 I adjusted the curves and let me tell you hand flying the FF A320 with this yoke is just sublime.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png