Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke and Switch Panel

I can't believe that I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today. That's with their standard shipping. The XPlane store has just made a fan out of me.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

19 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I can't believe that I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today. That's with their standard shipping. The XPlane store has just made a fan out of me.

Congratulations. Whereas here in Europe, Aerosoft (who are the distributors and obtain their stock direct from the Hong Kong factory) can't supply any!🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

That IS amazing! I ordered mine from Sporty's a month ago - due to ship end of this month. Bravo quadrant sometime in December.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

They are amazing.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Bravo quadrant sometime in December.

And they just announced a rudder pedal set, plus a whole new HOTAS stick setup with thrust reversing dual throttles and pull-to-slide flaps lever.

Those guys are going to get *so* much of my money...

2 minutes ago, eslader said:

And they just announced a rudder pedal set, plus a whole new HOTAS stick setup with thrust reversing dual throttles and pull-to-slide flaps lever.

Those guys are going to get *so* much of my money...

ah  ... they do look interesting, heel on floor style like a TPR but with a plate to rest your heels on for people with carpet.

5f733b627a69724b60c3be23_M9y-wuziUM7u-MC

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

That IS amazing! I ordered mine from Sporty's a month ago - due to ship end of this month. Bravo quadrant sometime in December.

You are going to love it! At least I do. Huge difference in the way the planes react to pitch and bank input.

With my new yoke, this sim is now heaven. With my old AETI yoke all my airplanes were unstable in pitch. Now smooth as silk.

Everyone needs to get this yoke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

With my new yoke, this sim is now heaven. With my old AETI yoke all my airplanes were unstable in pitch. Now smooth as silk.

Everyone needs to get this yoke.

I knew you would love it.  

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Have you guys tried the joystick curve software?

I have it installed with a linear curve and flying with the honeycomb is now a joy. Just left the crappy sensitivity curves alone. The linear curve made a massive difference to my saitek rudder pedals. I can now actually perform a take off roll without veering off the runway. This was a gamechanger for me until MS give us better control over our devices

Edited by Richdem

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm with Frank and Romeo-Tango.  The pitch tension is just too high and not progressive enough.  Yes, in real aircraft at speed, depending on the flight surfaces, pulling back or pushing a lot on the yoke requires some force, but not this much force, and not near center with smaller deflections, and when at landing speeds, there just isn't this much resistance.  At least not in the C172s that I fly and my Chief. 

I had high hopes for it, and got mine from Newegg last week.  I've been flying it about 5 days now, trying to like it.  I like it's build quality.  I like the roll axis.  I really like the switches, and they worked great without needing to be set up in MSFS.  But the pitch tension is just killing it for me.

So, if they are out of stock again, and someone wants mine, I'll sell it for the list price + shipping.  Just PM me. 

Otherwise, it's back to Newegg for this one.  I think I'll take a good look at the Fulcrum once folks have had a chance to try it out. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

I'm with Frank and Romeo-Tango.  The pitch tension is just too high and not progressive enough.  Yes, in real aircraft at speed, depending on the flight surfaces, pulling back or pushing a lot on the yoke requires some force, but not this much force, and not near center with smaller deflections, and when at landing speeds, there just isn't this much resistance.  At least not in the C172s that I fly and my Chief. 

I had high hopes for it, and got mine from Newegg last week.  I've been flying it about 5 days now, trying to like it.  I like it's build quality.  I like the roll axis.  I really like the switches, and they worked great without needing to be set up in MSFS.  But the pitch tension is just killing it for me.

So, if they are out of stock again, and someone wants mine, I'll sell it for the list price + shipping.  Just PM me. 

Otherwise, it's back to Newegg for this one.  I think I'll take a good look at the Fulcrum once folks have had a chance to try it out. 

Ray Proudfoot has one ...

On 10/22/2020 at 8:14 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

@109Sqn, having tried the Honeycomb at Cosford and now the Fulcrum at home I can honestly say the Fulcrum wins hands down. The Honeycomb still has limited travel not much different to the Saitek.

Also, the Fulcrum requires no drivers unlike the Honeycomb. More expensive of course but with Hall Effect sensors there’s nothing that will wear out.

Instead of an “upper entry level” yoke go for a top class one that satisfies a real-world 747 pilot. 👍 

Note that comparing the two is a bit like comparing Apples with Oranges, they are quite different,

What they have in common is they are both quality 180 degree turn yokes and both more or less mid priced, they are both more expensive than the toy yokes but neither is insanely expensive like a Brunner or Yoko.

The Honeycomb is about 1/3 less expensive, is a nice unit for the price and has all the switchgear which is a real bonus if you do not have any, There is a matching throttle quadrant and pedals coming out for it. it is also available right now.

The Fulcrum is more expensive and lacks switchgear but does have longer travel, hall sensors, and seems more solid being pretty much all metal with an industrial look to it. The Fulcrum also will eventually get other Yoke handles you can swap in and out (though currently you can only get the default Cessna style one it comes with) making it long term more versatile.  Fulcrum are still taking at least a month from when you pre-order to shipping.

For most people the Honeycomb is probably all they will ever need, but if you want longer travel and something more solid with swappable yoke handles the Fulcrum may warrant the higher price and need to pre-order.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

16 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Ray Proudfoot has one ...

And...so....?

41 minutes ago, Griphos said:

And...so....?

And so you could check out his (and others') opinions on it in the dedicated Fulcrum forum on this very site?🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)