Sign in to follow this  
malct

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC

Looking at buying a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC GPU to replace the Radeon RX 570 card that i bought when setting up my PC to run the Flight Sim

At the time i replaced the power supply unit with a 650W and bought the RX 570 

In order not to replace the power supply, I am limiting myself on GPUs and found that the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC GPU requirement is under 650.

Having spent money on the upgrades which is a lot to for me really, I have now got a budget of no more than £380 for a new GPU and thats hoping to sell the RX 570 for £100 or more.

Anyone here using the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC GPU ?

What is the future on the prices, Will there be a drop when new GPUs hit the market. 

I am also looking at the future on running 3 monitors, So need to think about that. Any help would be great. 

I run the Power Colour RX 5700XT, prices will likely lower with the release of the new AMD cards shortly. Sorry cannot say on the 3 monitors as i only run one.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

How do you find the Power Colour RX 5700XT , My PC gets sluggish in built up areas and the PC makes a buzzing noise 

I have now got a budget of no more than £380

So the Nvidia 3070 is going to cost $499 USD.  But even if you think the Nvidia 3070 is too expensive, the Nvidia 3060 is about to be released in the next month and the rumored price of the 3060 may be between $300 and $400 USD.

Did you check to see if the Nvidia 3070 and Nvidia 3060 outperform the 5700 XT?  Especially given that many people are reporting MSFS gives better performance with Nvidia cards.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

22 minutes ago, malct said:

How do you find the Power Colour RX 5700XT , My PC gets sluggish in built up areas and the PC makes a buzzing noise 

Pretty good, only issues i get is very dense area's and certain  default airports ie LFPG, JFK.  3rd party airports don't seem to have the fps hit those mentioned have. my settings are all high, not ultra.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Issue is , Doing research, People have different opinions and they are not looking at the flight sims but other games, So i feel its better asking the people here who run the flight sim 2020.

Flying around areas like lanzarote with the volcanoes is stunning and i can average just under 20fps, But its built up areas that are a problem. 

37 minutes ago, malct said:

Issue is , Doing research, People have different opinions and they are not looking at the flight sims but other games, So i feel its better asking the people here who run the flight sim 2020.

Flying around areas like lanzarote with the volcanoes is stunning and i can average just under 20fps, But its built up areas that are a problem. 

So if you are on a budget, and you really want the best performance for your budget, then wait for the release of the Nvidia 3070 and Nvidia 3060 and check the benchmarks for MSFS when it's released.  There is a good chance that somebody will release a benchmark of how MSFS performs on those cards.  People posted benchmarks of 3090 and 3080 performance of MSFS when those cards were released.  You can even check here on AVSIM or the official MSFS forums on how the 3070 and 3060 perform for MSFS.

If you are dead set on getting an AMD card, then all the more power to you but you may not be getting the best price for performance from an AMD card at this time. It appears that the 3070 and 3060 will be very good for the price/performance but we'll know for sure when they are released (the 3070 is being released on October 29).

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

I doubt any of these 3000 series Nvidia cards will be available until the end of the year, at the earliest. Such a failed launch. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, malct said:

In order not to replace the power supply, I am limiting myself on GPUs and found that the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC GPU requirement is under 650.

Having spent money on the upgrades which is a lot to for me really, I have now got a budget of no more than £380 for a new GPU and thats hoping to sell the RX 570 for £100 or more.

Anyone here using the Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING 8GB OC GPU ?

What is the future on the prices, Will there be a drop when new GPUs hit the market. 

I am also looking at the future on running 3 monitors, So need to think about that. Any help would be great. 

Some comments from my side too. 

It's pretty much the worst time to shop for a new GPU right now. The 3070 when available is going to sell at £469, and it's around 50% faster than the 5700XT. No way the 5700XT keeps selling at around £380 then, there's bound to be a drop. Nvidia announced the 3070's release for 29th of October - whatever that means for availability. 

Also watch out for AMD's announcement event on Oct 28th when they present their new generation of video cards. The rumour is they'll have a reasonable availability mid November. They might not release the cards targetted at your price range just yet, probably they aren't arriving before 2021, but this is going to put some pressure on the whole market. 

What's the CPU in your system? You haven't mentioned anything about it in here, I'd make sure the low FPS aren't due to the CPU. Check the FPS overlay in MSFS, you can activate it in the developer menu. It shows clearly what's limiting you.

Generally the 5700XT is a good card, between Nvidia's 2070 and 2070 super. If you really plan on using 3 monitors, it might not be enough though in MSFS. 

If you want to use it in X-Plane, keep in mind that AMD cards perform worse than their Nvidia counterparts due to the way X-Plane sends the graphics commands to the card. This has improved a lot with the 11.50 update of X-Plane when they changed their render backend to the new graphics API called Vulkan, but still they lag behind. In MSFS it looks to me like the AMD cards perform close to what you'd expect.

• Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Just now, pstrub said:

Some comments from my side too. 

It's pretty much the worst time to shop for a new GPU right now. The 3070 when available is going to sell at £469, and it's around 50% faster than the 5700XT. No way the 5700XT keeps selling at around £380 then, there's bound to be a drop. Nvidia announced the 3070's release for 29th of October - whatever that means for availability. 

Pretty much what pstrub said. The 3070 could be significantly faster, but the price won't be that much more than the 5700XT.  It's being released in 8 days.  Just wait it out and see the benchmarks for MSFS after it's released.

• Like 3

AMD is also releasing the new Radeon RX6000 series next week. And with more Vram than NVidia. Wait for them if you can.

• Like 1

My set up 

Video Card VIDEO CARD
Minimum: Radeon RX 570 or GeForce GTX 770 or better
You Have: Radeon RX 570 Series
Video Card  

Required You Have
Pass or fail icon Pixel Shader 5.0 5.1
Pass or fail icon Vertex Shader 5.0 5.1
Pass or fail icon Dedicated Video RAM 2048 MB 8.0 GB

CPU CPU
Minimum: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM RAM
Minimum: 8 GB
You Have: 16 GB

OS OS
Minimum: Windows 10 64-bit
You Have: Windows 10

Free Disk Space FREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 150 GB
You Have: 1.5 TB

I agree with others here, wait a little bit. 

There are new cards coming from both Nvidia and AMD. 

Even if they're not easily available in the beginning, the prices on older cards will go down.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, malct said:

My set up 

CPU CPU
Minimum: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM RAM
Minimum: 8 GB
You Have: 16 GB

Your CPU looks good enough, I'd say you'll see a good improvement from a new graphics card. Just have a bit of patience!

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I realise now that i am going to need a better card, So i will wait since i am in no rush, but i guess i want the best for the money .

Thank you for your help