Sign in to follow this  
TheGuyWithARock

[Release] Mid-Michigan Airport Pack

Currently hosting it on Flightsim.to, free to download: Mid-Michigan Pack Download

Being a local of the Mid-Michigan area I decided to begin enhancing the local smaller fields, making GA flying to these fields more authentic and enjoyable. This so far is just something I’ve decided to do for myself but I decided It would be a waste to be the only one to benefit in these areas.

Fun video of fields:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZhQG60Q-tk&feature=youtu.be

It’s fairly time-consuming building these so I can’t say when future ones will be added, but I do plan to continue this and expand upon my initial pack.

So far the list is
KLAN - Lansing
KFPK - Charlotte
KRMY - Marshall
KTEW - Mason
4D0 - Grand Ledge
9D9 - Hastings
24C - Lowell
Y70 - Ionia
6D6 - Greenville
KOEB - Coldwater

With planned areas being
35D - Allegan
KJYM - Hillsdale
KOZW - Howell

And fields I wish to do but are not expected in near patches are:
KBTL
KAZO

To install simply place the files in the community folder into your community folder.

I’d also be open to requests within the region or feedback, I’m trying to avoid large fields for now but maybe in the future. And if you like my work I would greatly appreciate any donations towards the project, but it’s by no means necessary. PayPal Donations

Have fun!

-Rock

Edited by TheGuyWithARock
  • Like 9

@TheGuyWithARock I live in michigan as well.  What do you think the chance that you would be able to fix all of the miss-aligned taxiway lights at KGRR?  I fly that airport mainly and it bugs me to see taxiway lights all over the place, they even have small cluster of taxiway lights.  I would love if you could fix that.  You could leave the rest alone and I would be happy.

Edited by Brandon01110

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, TheGuyWithARock said:

Currently hosting it on Flightsim.to, free to download: Mid-Michigan Pack Download

Being a local of the Mid-Michigan area I decided to begin enhancing the local smaller fields, making GA flying to these fields more authentic and enjoyable. This so far is just something I’ve decided to do for myself but I decided It would be a waste to be the only one to benefit in these areas.

Fun video of fields:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZhQG60Q-tk&feature=youtu.be

It’s fairly time-consuming building these so I can’t say when future ones will be added, but I do plan to continue this and expand upon my initial pack.

So far the list is
KLAN - Lansing
KFPK - Charlotte
KRMY - Marshall
KTEW - Mason
4D0 - Grand Ledge
9D9 - Hastings
24C - Lowell
Y70 - Ionia
6D6 - Greenville
KOEB - Coldwater

With planned areas being
35D - Allegan
KJYM - Hillsdale
KOZW - Howell

And fields I wish to do but are not expected in near patches are:
KBTL
KAZO

To install simply place the files in the community folder into your community folder.

I’d also be open to requests within the region or feedback, I’m trying to avoid large fields for now but maybe in the future. And if you like my work I would greatly appreciate any donations towards the project, but it’s by no means necessary. PayPal Donations

Have fun!

-Rock

Nice! I wish someone would do the same for the Tampa Bay area.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thank you for this. Glad to see we are getting some attention up here.

I'd love to see KDET, KBIV, KVLL, and KPTK if you are looking for more fun:)

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

2 hours ago, Brandon01110 said:

@TheGuyWithARock I live in michigan as well.  What do you think the chance that you would be able to fix all of the miss-aligned taxiway lights at KGRR?  I fly that airport mainly and it bugs me to see taxiway lights all over the place, they even have small cluster of taxiway lights.  I would love if you could fix that.  You could leave the rest alone and I would be happy.

I’ll have to take a look at it, I’ve had some issues in the past getting rid of some of the built in scenery like airport vehicles and stuff but I can see! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Thank you for this. Glad to see we are getting some attention up here.

I'd love to see KDET, KBIV, KVLL, and KPTK if you are looking for more fun:)

Sure thing I’ll check those out, got a few more fields on my planned list so once I finish up those I’ll see about those. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 2

Tried to get some of these addons from Flightsim.to last night and had repeated errors in the download and script errors that wouldn't allow the download to even start.  Only seemed to be with these items and not others on the site.  Check the comments on the site and I think you'll see many of the same comments.  Hope they get straightened out, so we can add to our collection.

1 hour ago, bszuch said:

Tried to get some of these addons from Flightsim.to last night and had repeated errors in the download and script errors that wouldn't allow the download to even start.  Only seemed to be with these items and not others on the site.  Check the comments on the site and I think you'll see many of the same comments.  Hope they get straightened out, so we can add to our collection.

Thats strange I haven't ran into that, I'm not entirely sure how their system works for downloading but it uses capchas to prevent spam, maybe its failing to load that? I use it in chrome and have an account and seem to be able to download items currently. I'll send you a PM and see if I can help you out in the meantime till thats fixed though. 

8 hours ago, TheGuyWithARock said:

I just hope someone does something with Mackinac Bridge and Island...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just now, Dillon said:

One of the first flights I did was out of the island to my hometown, decent currently but could use some touchups for sure 🙂

12 hours ago, TheGuyWithARock said:

.......I’d also be open to requests within the region or feedback, I’m trying to avoid large fields for now but maybe in the future. And if you like my work I would greatly appreciate any donations towards the project, but it’s by no means necessary. PayPal Donations

Have fun!

-Rock

Thanks so much! I'll make sure to get these installed the next time I'm able. My home airport of Ann Arbor actually doesn't look too far off. My only gripe is the T-hangars are crazy tall. But I do look forward to doing some short hops around to check out your improvements. I appreciate your time and effort.

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

I was so disappointed to see da bridge wasn't modeled. Hopefully this can be added in the future. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

I'm hoping Asobo's USA update will bring will bring the bridge into the game. I've also toyed with bringing some of the many great lake's lighthouses into the game, but have only done limited testing.

• Like 2

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

I live in Michigan as well, northern! Unfortunately Asobo skipped our main attraction, the Mackinac bridge. I'm hoping someone will model it one day.

4 hours ago, airplaneguru84 said:

I'm hoping Asobo's USA update will bring will bring the bridge into the game. I've also toyed with bringing some of the many great lake's lighthouses into the game, but have only done limited testing.

Probably, remember before the update of Japan a lot of bridge and other details was either poorly modeled or absent. So we can hope that it will be with the USA update.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

This is a great set of small air fields.  Thank you for taking the time to put in some hard work to get them up to snuff and to share with the community.  These are exactly the type air fields l love to fly to and fro.  I need to work on my local airports - the only thing they have are fuel stations and a ground crew.  They also have taxi ways and lines and runways which seem to be correct, but the hangars and other misc buildings are MIA.

Thanks again!!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy