Sign in to follow this  
Brad27

Scenery Library Malfunction

I just booted my P3Dv4 setup up while trying to test an ongoing stuttering/Freeze issue which i hoped i might be moments away from solving BUT on the P3D startup screen i was prompted to unload multiple sceneries that i have installed on my D drive.

It would appear for whatever reason it disconnected itself so P3D (based on the C drive) couldnt find those sceneries while loading up, i pressed no for each prompt and then exited the sim. Rebooted my PC and hey presto the D drive was connected again back but once i booted up P3D it shows a vast number of my sceneries are missing off the library list but they all still show as installed in their folders on the drive....

How to fix this please?

Edited by Brad27

Brad - P3Dv4.5

AIG Moderator | Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta | FSPX Beta

Yeah i have Lorby, i usually use it to fix the order of stuff that i install in but since the D drive decided to go 'AWOL' this morning its royally buggered up the scenery library now in P3D. It is now connected and displaying fine and all the folders and airports are fine on the D Drive but theyre just not displaying in the sim. They were all XML Addon added (Simwings, JustSim, MK Studios). All my Flightbeam and Flytampa stuff shows but they live on the C Drive within P3D....So im wondering how i bring those on the D Drive back to life....

Brad - P3Dv4.5

Try a free drive diagnostic tool, i use Samsung Magician to run and check my drives heath.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

The drive im not worried about, its the getting a backup of the previous scenery library booted in so i can get a full active library again

Brad - P3Dv4.5

1 hour ago, Brad27 said:

The drive im not worried about, its the getting a backup of the previous scenery library booted in so i can get a full active library again

Have you tried activating them in the Options - Add-ons menu or do they not appear in that menu?

In the Addons tab all thats listed and all ticked are the sceneries that show in the scenery list. None of the ones mentioned above are here...

All of the addons missing from P3D in the D Drive have 4 XML files in them so with that you would expect that they would show in the sim addon and scenery lists but they dont...thats where im like...ok confused?..

Brad - P3Dv4.5

If you have Lorby Addon Manager installed, do you have a backup you can restore from?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Would a System Restore solve something like this? A somewhat "brute force and ignorance" approach, but if it works.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The backups ive found seem to miss the sceneries mentioned..Its a right bloody mess, tempted to just uninstall them all and start over! So annoying

Brad - P3Dv4.5

Bradley,

One more thought on this...

You mention the .XML files are there but since you had problems with your D drive, I am wondering if it has lost the reference to this in the add-ons.cfg which is the autodiscovery file for P3D. Did you check this file to see if this also points to your D drive as well as your C drive?

That file is usually located in: ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Alright fella, thanks for the reply. I ended up adding them back manually via the packages tab in Lorby BUT then found out later that my drive is damaged and needs replacing which will explain why this all happened to start with.

Brad - P3Dv4.5