Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Download the game with the BOX version

Good evening,

i would like to buy the DVD version (possible in Germany/Europe), but i would still like to use the game as a download, so i don't always have a CD in my drive.

At Otto.de the product description says the following:
"ATTENTION: You will also need a DVD drive on your PC. To download the product there is a download code and DVDs in the box. In order to play Microsoft Flight Simulator, you must have the CD No. 1 in the DVD drive".

Has anyone had any experience with this?
Can I simply download the game with the code and don't have to use the CDs or do I still have to put the first CD in to play?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Many greetings,

Thies

It is possible to use the serial number written on the card inside the box and download the simulator without using the discs, but I assume you have already activated it so to answer your second question, you will still need to keep the DVD in your drive so that your licence can be checked.

An alternative is to mount the relevant files from Disc 1 as an ISO to your drive so that you won't have to keep the DVD in all the time. Here is a guide: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tip-for-dvd-users-save-drive-space/199070

53 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It is possible to use the serial number written on the card inside the box and download the simulator without using the discs, but I assume you have already activated it so to answer your second question, you will still need to keep the DVD in your drive so that your licence can be checked.

An alternative is to mount the relevant files from Disc 1 as an ISO to your drive so that you won't have to keep the DVD in all the time. Here is a guide: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tip-for-dvd-users-save-drive-space/199070

Thank you! Exactly what i was searching for.