Sign in to follow this  
Cityhopper175

USA Landclass FS2004

Hey there!

I'm a new member in this forum, however I've been a silent reader here for quite some time now. Also I am using FS2004 for several years already.

I was wondering, if there is still some decent landclass for the USA available? I'm not so sure about Ultimate Terrain USA and I can't really find FSGenesis's US Landclass online. I know there has been a beta file lcus_09b6.exe around like a decade ago. Nevertheless I can't find it anywhere. Is there anybody who can help me?

Thanks a lot and keep the FS9 flying :)

Patrick

Download Golden Wings 3 by Lynn and Bill Lyons for FS2004 from here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/toh/ and install Golden Wings 3 to a temp directory and retrieve the FSGenesis US landclass as modified/updated by Bill Lyons from the temp installation.

Per many in the community, it was found to be even better representation of contemporary USA than the payware FSGenesis USA Landclass for FS2004. I find both to be just as good.

Cheers!

P.S. Golden Wings 3 is also highly recommended!

Hi All,

I have Golden Wings - very good it is too 🙂 

Would someone be kind enough to tell me (probably remind me as I tend to forget a lot 😉  )  where the 'Landclass' files are kept in FS9 please?  I know where LC that I've loaded with add-ons etc. are as they are marked with LC in the individual title; however, I cannot locate the LC files in Golden Wings.

Kind Regards,

Blue

On 11/28/2020 at 2:59 PM, Engine9 said:

Download Golden Wings 3 by Lynn and Bill Lyons for FS2004 from here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/toh/ and install Golden Wings 3 to a temp directory and retrieve the FSGenesis US landclass as modified/updated by Bill Lyons from the temp installation.

Per many in the community, it was found to be even better representation of contemporary USA than the payware FSGenesis USA Landclass for FS2004. I find both to be just as good.

Cheers!

P.S. Golden Wings 3 is also highly recommended!

I just tried it and I think it looks way better than the default, thanks a lot for the hint!

Also, do you guys maybe know a way to improve the western part of the continent even more? Talking about southern California, AZ, UT, NV... I know there are photorealistic files by BlueSkyScenery, however I can't find the FS2004 files anywhere... 😇

On 10/21/2020 at 8:28 AM, Cityhopper175 said:

I know there has been a beta file lcus_09b6.exe around like a decade ago. Nevertheless I can't find it anywhere.

I have a copy of that file, PM me your email address if you still want it and I'll send it to you.

On 12/8/2020 at 4:16 PM, Cityhopper175 said:

I just tried it and I think it looks way better than the default, thanks a lot for the hint!

Also, do you guys maybe know a way to improve the western part of the continent even more? Talking about southern California, AZ, UT, NV... I know there are photorealistic files by BlueSkyScenery, however I can't find the FS2004 files anywhere... 😇

I managed to find a torrent of all the FS2004 Bluesky photoreal scenery and it is now stored on a drive of mine. as far as I know most of what he made for FS9 disappeared or got taken off his website after his transition to P3D I've used it some but prefer autogen, which it lacks. so it sits unused on my external drive.