Sign in to follow this  
marcg11

Why does Render Scaling seem to change randomly

I have now had a few cases the last few days of my render scaling changing back to 100 seemingly randomly.   I have not changed any nvidia settings nor accessed the setting manually.  The only thing I have changed is either the aircraft I am flying or the livery.  Has anyone else seen that?  I don't have that much different of a setting I like to use (120 - which seems to give me the smoothest flying) but its annoying and I can tell the difference...just curious...I hate to have to check it every flight but might have to start doing that....

• Like 1

Have the same and cannot reproduce to find a reason. It's really random. I am acutally trying with set the usercfg-file to "read only". Perhaps this solves the problem, alsthough i don't know, if the file will get updated during the next patch.

So, you are not alone!

• Like 1

In my case I get the whole of the graphic settings set to next to nothing where they are normally on High-End. As above it is so random I don't know what causes it. Thought it might happen when patch applied.

CJ

40 minutes ago, marcg11 said:

I have now had a few cases the last few days of my render scaling changing back to 100 seemingly randomly.   I have not changed any nvidia settings nor accessed the setting manually.  The only thing I have changed is either the aircraft I am flying or the livery.  Has anyone else seen that?  I don't have that much different of a setting I like to use (120 - which seems to give me the smoothest flying) but its annoying and I can tell the difference...just curious...I hate to have to check it every flight but might have to start doing that....

Yep...and I don't know why it is doing that.  It is almost like it is telling me NO don't got above 100...lol.

Do you have nVIDIA GeForce Experience?  Is it "optimizing" the game settings?  If you let it it will reach into your settings and change stuff automagically.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

53 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Do you have nVIDIA GeForce Experience?  Is it "optimizing" the game settings?  If you let it it will reach into your settings and change stuff automagically.

I have it turned off as far as I know for optimizing...and I never go in there cause I have seen that in the past.  Plus - it only changes my render scaling...if it were optimizing I would think it would change many other settings which i have higher then it likes (which is a bit of joke...I love my performance in game 99.9% of the time.....Oh well another mystery......

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I thought I had it off.  How do you turn off optimization?

I thought I was the only one seeing this.  I also have turned off GF Experience Optimization (a long time ago) but that does not seem to be the cause.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Same issue here .. Something changes it .. but what ?. Definitely not GeForce Experience .. optimization is OFF.

In the habit now of checking before a flight or during , when I notice something is "off".

Edited by SAPilot
grammar
  • Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

All of my settings have been changing since 2 patches ago. I have to reset them everytime i fly. I have geforce exp, turned off.

Stampee

Sorry to repeat but how do you turn off geforce exp?  I have tried to google this and it is very confusing.

On 10/21/2020 at 6:01 PM, knich said:

Sorry to repeat but how do you turn off geforce exp?  I have tried to google this and it is very confusing.

start your GF experience app, you will see where you can select your games, click on the game and the actual graphics settings will appear along with the recommended settings.  In the upper left corner you will see where you can toggle the auto settings on/off.

I have never used the auto settings feature because the app has now idea how 'you' play the game, just what they think it should be, which is probably pre-set by a 12 year old twitch shooter wannabe who could not spell airplane if he had a dictionary.

(sorry for the sarcasm, bad morning)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Same here, struggling with the render scaling slide at 110, but almost everytime I find it reset at 100. Checked Geforce Experience, but there is not any game optimization, it is just the render scaling value to change.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).