Sign in to follow this  
James8133

FS2CREW Not Working FOR 777 Or NGX

Good Afternoon, I apologize if I made a double post. In the manual for the crew, it talks about creating a hot key assignment for the crew to work. I did that and saved it into FSX. When I open FSX and try to push any of the keys, nothing is showing up. Everything was working a few days ago, and my crew is currently up to date. How can I fix this issue? Thanks again. https://imgur.com/gallery/itE2aWB

James Stump

Hi James,

You used the wrong assignment.

"Autofeather Arm/Off" is used to open the Main Panel.  We recommend using the "N" key.

You can also open up the FS2Crew Panels via the View - Instrument Panel menu.

In P3D, that would be the Vehicles menu.

If you don't see any FS2Crew Windows in the View - Instrument Panel menu, it means FS2Crew is not on your panel.cfg file.

Sometimes PMDG releases updates and the panel.cfg file gets wiped clean.

Cheers,

Edited by byork

19 minutes ago, byork said:

Hi James,

You used the wrong assignment.

"Autofeather Arm/Off" is used to open the Main Panel.  We recommend using the "N" key.

You can also open up the FS2Crew Panels via the View - Instrument Panel menu.

In P3D, that would be the Vehicles menu.

If you don't see any FS2Crew Windows in the View - Instrument Panel menu, it means FS2Crew is not on your panel.cfg file.

Sometimes PMDG releases updates and the panel.cfg file gets wiped clean.

Cheers,

Good evening, Thanks for the quick response! How can I find the Instrument Panel menu in the 777? I can easily find it in the NGX, but not sure for the 777. Also, are you saying I should check the Autofeather settings?

James Stump

The key assignment used to open / close the FS2Crew Main Panel is "AUTOFEATHER ARM /OFF."

Please see here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=opening_and_closing_the_main_panel5

Views -> Instrument panel is part of the FS menu on top of your screen when you're in the cockpit.

Cheers,

12 hours ago, byork said:

The key assignment used to open / close the FS2Crew Main Panel is "AUTOFEATHER ARM /OFF."

Please see here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=opening_and_closing_the_main_panel5

Views -> Instrument panel is part of the FS menu on top of your screen when you're in the cockpit.

Cheers,

Good morning, I did select a key for the auto feather, and it's still not popping up at all in my flight simulator. 

James Stump

I'm really hoping that there can be a way where we can find a resolution to fix the issue. 

James Stump

4 hours ago, James8133 said:

I'm really hoping that there can be a way where we can find a resolution to fix the issue. 

If you go to the VIEWS - INSTURMENT PANEL menu in top menu bar in FS, do you see any FS2Crew windows?

Also, did you "Enable" FS2Crew via the Config Manager?

Sometimes PMDG updates can restore the panel.cfg file to its original shape, and thus remove any FS2Crew entries from the panel.cfg file.

45 minutes ago, byork said:

If you go to the VIEWS - INSTURMENT PANEL menu in top menu bar in FS, do you see any FS2Crew windows?

Also, did you "Enable" FS2Crew via the Config Manager?

Sometimes PMDG updates can restore the panel.cfg file to its original shape, and thus remove any FS2Crew entries from the panel.cfg file.

I got the Autofeather setting fixed. What was the other secondary button that I need to fix? Was it Alternate static source? Note my PMDG 777 is up to date. 

James Stump

Good morning,

just to clarify things so that I can remember this in case it happens again; in order for the FS2Crew (Button Control) to work, I need to have the AutoFeather Key Assigned, the main button, which is the Alternate Static Source, and the Propeller Sync correct? Thanks again for the help, I really do appreciate it. 

James Stump

10 hours ago, James8133 said:

Good morning,

just to clarify things so that I can remember this in case it happens again; in order for the FS2Crew (Button Control) to work, I need to have the AutoFeather Key Assigned, the main button, which is the Alternate Static Source, and the Propeller Sync correct? Thanks again for the help, I really do appreciate it. 

That's correct... it's all shown here:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=main___secondary_button_setup__button_control_