Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

To Asobo, if you are still reading

I am grateful for MSF! It is a wonderful sim/game. It is especially great for multiplayer vfr GA flights, for which I use it mostly and having a good time. I dont know all the things you're working on, but here are the main negatives at the moment that I wish you'd fix:

• MSF is a joke on Vatsim. The way Asobo coded the different parts of a route (SID, airways, STAR, trans and approaches) doesn't follow ICAO standards. It's on it's own strange logic that even the Navigraph dev team doesn't understand. When I fly on vatsim I often just have to admit I am flying MSF and the controllers then understand that there are a whole hosts of things I cannot comply with that is otherwise standard in other flight sims. In example, when programing the arrival, the approach deletes waypoints on the STAR, and just picks a transition in alphabetical order, whether that is correct or not. Most often it is NOT correct and what I end up with in my MCDU is far from what is the published procedure. Instead, I need vectors to get to the airfield. This is on par with novices flying on vatsim that never heard about SIDs and STARs before. I wish Asobo would comment on this because it's super weird that something so essential as navigation is so bugged - especially when vatsim is your "partner". 

• Aerodynamics and flight behaviour is mostly great - except when it is not... Especially during the flare most of the jetliners just simply turn to pure garbage. I'm losing my patience with this issue, and I wish you would just fix it already. "We are here for the hard core simmers" remember? Feels particularly bad not being able to grease a landing anymore in MSF with the 'liners. The GA are fine in this regard. In the jets every landing is a gamble whether or not it goes to shambles. 

These two issues are my main points of unhappiness with the sim. If you could fix it I think I could wait a good while for more eye candy (because there is already so much candy in game). I don't want to fly on Vatsim and feel ashamed. I want to be in command of my aircraft and do smooth landings with my controlled inputs without the airplane taking on a life on its own. 

Sincerely,

Andreas Stangenes
A big fan with 20+ years of flightsims

Edited by Andreas Stangenes
  • Like 20

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

+1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Of course you've reported this to Zendesk with a full description of the problems, screenshots or videos of the issue, and full replication steps on how to replicate it.

Because THAT's how you submit a bug report for them to fix.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Just now, wthomas33065 said:

Of course you've reported this to Zendesk with a full description of the problems, screenshots or videos of the issue, and full replication steps on how to replicate it.

Because THAT's how you submit a bug report for them to fix.  

Of course I have. Multiple times. Navigraph is a developer team that has reported these things as well. What do you take me for? 😃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Andreas Stangenes

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Of course I have. Multiple times. Navigraph is a developer team that has reported these things as well. What do you take me for? 😃

lol.  no worries.  There are plenty of people who vent and then don't submit a bug report and then act all <shockface> when their issues are not addressed.

I looked on the development road map and I haven't seen your bugs mentioned.  But missing trains are number 18 and remove "press any key" is number one.  Both of which I find (imho) less a deal breaker than what you've mentioned.  

Avionics systems operations and Flare dynamics taking a backseat to "trains" in Flight Simulator and removing a "press any key" screen.   <smh>

• Like 4

Yes, that is why I decided to post here on Avsim. It might be a bit of a dinosaur, but you cant get more hard core simmer than here. The gamer boys and girls are over at MSF official forums, and although I would like the annoying "press any key" to go away, I could press it ten times over just to have the aboveforementioned issues ironed out! 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

The bank issue is related to the FBW that Asobo has written for the airliners, is buggy indeed, here is a nice explanation about it.

On the bright side, the awesome guys in FBW mod is actively working on re-writing the FBW using simconnect and WASM. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Wait I think there is a fix already for the FBW issue when you land https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/1295

As far as I understood, this is a temporary fix until they have the full FBW re-written as the new FBW system will take sometime. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Wait I think there is a fix already for the FBW issue when you land https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/1295

As far as I understood, this is a temporary fix until they have the full FBW re-written as the new FBW system will take sometime. 

I will test that out. However, unless it specifically says it fixes it, I think it is going out on a limb claiming that it is "fixed". Engine performance and flap lift coeffcient is not the same thing as the whole plane becoming totally unstable during the flare with a left wing dipping that doesnt respond to inputs. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

6 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I will test that out. However, unless it specifically says it fixes it, I think it is going out on a limb claiming that it is "fixed". Engine performance and flap lift coeffcient is not the same thing as the whole plane becoming totally unstable during the flare with a left wing dipping that doesnt respond to inputs. 

Then would be good if you test it extensively and please write your result analysis on the github pull request as it helps the development moving forward. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

What do you take me for?

Holy Smokes... that's almost an invitation!  LOL!

Hope you are well my friend.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Words of criticisim from Andreas Stangenes? The person who couldn´t find words strong enough to tell us how PERFECT it would be before release? What´s next, Bean Sprout and FlyBaby going back to XP? 😂

• Like 1

And ...

Fix the premium deluxe aircraft and airports. You are kicking the folks who paid for the extra stuff in the teeth. 😑

• Like 1

The answer to your request is in the request itself 🙂
You wrote: "This is on par with novices flying on vatsim that never heard about SIDs and STARs before"
This is exactly the problem with Asobo, they are not professional pilots (maybe they have PPL, I am not even sure) so the concepts of SID, STAR, transition, approach is completely unknown to them. They have been asked to develop a new sim with amazing visual, this is what they did, but they probably know nothing about IFR and procedures.

I understand this situation because I was in in this same situation when I started developing aircraft add-ons for FS2004 and FSX. Understanding all these concepts is not easy and they need to be explained by professional pilots, which was the case for me.

I really think they will never fix this, I even believe it is not part of their job. Instead, they should open their sim just like FS2004 and FSX were opened, so that add-on developers can develop serious aircraft with advanced systems, including the flight management system that handles Navigraph database. In the past, we never expected the ACES Studio team to develop a PMDG-like aircraft 🙂

In other words, they should provide a comprehensive SDK and let the others do the work they cannot do (or don't want to do).

• Like 4