Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

KLGA LaGuardia Airport + NYC Bridge Improvement v1.5

Freeware: https://flightsim.to/file/1892/klga-laguardia-airport-nyc-bridge-improvement

About this file

Contains a handmade, detailed improvement to New York's KLGA LaGuardia Airport. Also contains New York City's Verrezzano-Narrows Bridge, George Washington Bridge, Whitestone Bridge, Throgs Neck Bridge, and Governor Mario Como Tappan-Zee Bridge, Triborough Bridge, Hells Gate Bridge, and Armstrong Tower.

nwXcje.jpg

I547uZ.jpg

OtBeYH.jpg

ZZ0pxc.jpg

5Xmo6L.jpg

• Like 8

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nice work but why do bridges seem to have some sort of weird effect underneath them? Looks like some sort of wall. I really hope Asobo fixes this in the next update because flying by the default bridges look terrible.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

not all are like that bad,,,i think the AI interprets reflections as solid objects and also doesn't recognize hollow objects like Ferris wheels easily..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

not all are like that bad,,,i think the AI interprets reflections as solid objects and also doesn't recognize hollow objects like Ferris wheels easily..

The only bridges that seem to look right are the 3rd party ones. I haven't explored every single bridge in the game, but what I can say from what I've seen so far is that the default ones all have this problem. Does anyone know if Asobo/MS is aware of this visual oddity with bridges?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

The only bridges that seem to look right are the 3rd party ones. I haven't explored every single bridge in the game, but what I can say from what I've seen so far is that the default ones all have this problem. Does anyone know if Asobo/MS is aware of this visual oddity with bridges?

By now with the millions of people playing I am sure its been brought up.  MSFS forums are read and paid attention too by MS and asobo

I downloaded the first release but when I went to fly at KLGA the scenery did not show up. Maybe this new version will work.

I've also learned since then that this sim need to be restarted sometimes 2 times in order for sceneries to show up.

I just wish that ASOBO could do something about loading times. It's getting ridiculously long to test these excellent mods.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I looked at them screenshots and said out loud..."OMG look at how amazing the sim looks"

The mod looks wonderful.

This shot blow be away, I don't know why, if they can place 4 trees in the right placers in my garden why I should be amazed at good it looks lol. I love this sim.

OtBeYH.jpg

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I just wish that ASOBO could do something about loading times. It's getting ridiculously long to test these excellent mods.

Given the speed of new mods and commercial addons appearing, this is becoming a major issue which will make the sim virtually unusable pretty soon. There are administration tools but I am hesitant to let them manage my addons, notably the payware ones.

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I looked at them screenshots and said out loud..."OMG look at how amazing the sim looks"

That was EXACTLY what I thought when looking at that picture. This is million miles ahead of anything you can see in the other sims...

• Like 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

Given the speed of new mods and commercial addons appearing, this is becoming a major issue which will make the sim virtually unusable pretty soon. There are administration tools but I am hesitant to let them manage my addons, notably the payware ones.

Kind regards, Michael

It's pretty easy to manage actually. Many sceneries are around or below 100mb, that's ok as long as you don't add, like, 20 of these in the same area. However there are other add-ons, usually large Google Photogrammetry areas, that easy clock in above 2GB. Of course, those 2 gigs will kill your loading times. I got rid of anything above around 200MB and my loading times are fine.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I had also downloaded her Washington DC landmarks and airports and those initially did not load. Now they do.

Speaking of the fast release of community mods. LOWS is now available as a mod update.

38 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

It's pretty easy to manage actually. Many sceneries are around or below 100mb, that's ok as long as you don't add, like, 20 of these in the same area. However there are other add-ons, usually large Google Photogrammetry areas, that easy clock in above 2GB. Of course, those 2 gigs will kill your loading times. I got rid of anything above around 200MB and my loading times are fine.

I already singled these out as they made loading actually stall. I can live with the present state but I was rather thinking into the future. This is 2 months after release... so I'm just projecting forward half a year or more. I am sure we'll need a clever solution at a point.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

29 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I had also downloaded her Washington DC landmarks and airports and those initially did not load. Now they do.

Speaking of the fast release of community mods. LOWS is now available as a mod update.

It really looks bad.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It really looks bad.

LOWS?

What looks bad David?

Edited by DJJose

I grew up in the upper west side and rode bike on the GW bridge, so this for me any NYC enhancement is personal.