Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Gaya Simulations Berlin Tegel now released for P3Dv4/v5

I'm on the same page as @Rafal here. I personally enjoy realworld routes and so won't bother with Gaya's Tegel. I'll probably keep the Aerosoft version around as something of a landmark when flying to or over Berlin enroute to somewhere else.

I'll add that it's nice that BER finally opens! How long has it been now? 10 years?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

Rubbish if you weren't aware that it was closing,

How long has it been waiting to close ? Years ? You live in Europe, and more privy to local news feed in regard to official date of closing. If the terminal at my local airport was to close, I doubt you would know about it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

I'll add that it's nice that BER finally opens! How long has it been now? 10 years?

You and your terrible exaggerations! 10 years, pff!

It was supposed to open in... *thinks*... uhh... 2011...

So a mere 9 years delay!

23 hours ago, flycln said:

Plus it’s a Gaya scenery so I assume performance is going to be terrible in P3D. 

correct EGPH was awful. still to this day its a streaming pile of poo at night.  Yet over at ORBX they just spam "an update is coming"   (while he spams his junk onto ms2020) 

then they give you KOS for free to make up for EGPH, which again he cocks up the lighting there too.

maybe someone should give him lessons in doing Dynamic Lighting. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

so once again.  this guy realease an airport with awful dynamic lighting.  stay away from it. like EGPH AND LGKO is awful

with DL  on   11.3 frames, yes you read that correctly 

Capture.jpg

turn it off   - 79.

Capture.jpg

why why why do we keep having to accept such substandard prodicts.  why do orbx and aerosoft also keep publishing them

This guy from Gaya should just give up, or pay someone else to do his nightlighting.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 10/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, ZKOKQ said:

Darn it, I got it as well. Terrible performance as mentioned. A big sink hole between 26L and 26R.  The description when buying does not mention closure 

orbx and will aerosoft will publish any old junk to make a few euros you should know that by now

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

@fluffyflops, just some info on Dynamic Lighting. I bought LEBB from Orbyx and after a lot of dialogue with them over the pretty dreadful performance I eventually nailed it down to a combination of DL and 4K. With it on in 1920*1080 things were fine which is why support couldn’t replicate it.

They offered me a refund which I thought was very gracious of them. I declined as it’s a nice airport and as a daytime flier I can live without DL.

But it is frustrating that some scenery designers cannot get DL to work efficiently.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Funny how opinions can differ. I bought it and I think it is great. It is my favorite airport at the moment. I avoid the sinkhole and enjoy the airport very much.

Performance is manageable and no worse than other airports of the same magnitude and I enjoy the night lighting... 

As to what Ray just said : I use the airport in 3440*1440.

B rdgs / Dick

Edited by Dick

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@fluffyflops, just some info on Dynamic Lighting. I bought LEBB from Orbyx and after a lot of dialogue with them over the pretty dreadful performance I eventually nailed it down to a combination of DL and 4K. With it on in 1920*1080 things were fine which is why support couldn’t replicate it.

They offered me a refund which I thought was very gracious of them. I declined as it’s a nice airport and as a daytime flier I can live without DL.

But it is frustrating that some scenery designers cannot get DL to work efficiently.

i had to delete bgls with egph to get it to work.  bottom line I shouldnt have to

but how many more airport are we going to have that are not fixed on release. id say its 75 percent of addons now are beta 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

i had to delete bgls with egph to get it to work.  bottom line I shouldnt have to

but how many more airport are we going to have that are not fixed on release. id say its 75 percent of addons now are beta 

Was that following a discussion with Orbx support? Did you not consider UK2000 EGPH?

I try to check reviews before buying airports unless I know and trust the developers. Viewing the support forum is also a good idea to check if there are any problems. But yes, it would be better if DL was properly addressed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just tried it and at first glance it looks quite nice (it is a long time that in real time I have been at EDDT).  

However I had to reduce my settings as this scenery consumes much more graphic RAM than my EGLL scenery which so far was leading in RAM consumption.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

orbx and will aerosoft will publish any old junk to make a few euros you should know that by now

Orbx refused a refund, and not famil with Gaya products, I took a punt, albeit a bad one. I won't make the same mistake twice.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:17 AM, ZKOKQ said:

Darn it, I got it as well. Terrible performance as mentioned. A big sink hole between 26L and 26R.  The description when buying does not mention closure 

I think the worst thing Orbx have done, ever, is bringing on third party scenery developers. It comes across as simply a money making move without any consideration for the quality and class sceneries Orbx have become know for. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

12 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I think the worst thing Orbx have done, ever, is bringing on third party scenery developers. It comes across as simply a money making move without any consideration for the quality and class sceneries Orbx have become know for. 

Agree 100% Howard.

• Like 1