Sign in to follow this  
Cloudpiercing

Rumor: NVIDIA allegedly cancels GeForce RTX 3080 20GB .

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-allegedly-cancels-geforce-rtx-3080-20gb-and-rtx-3070-16gb

According to the site there´s rumor that Nvida has cancelled the plans of releasing a 20 GB version of the 3080 card. I sure do hope it's just a rumor for i´ve realy putting my hope of a 20 GB version of the 3080. But if the rumor is true then i'll have no other option then to bite the bullet and get the 3090.

Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about how much we’re going to get done today.

The current 3070 and 3080 are on Samsung's 8nm process, and these rumored to be cancelled SKUs would be the same.

nVIDIA just placed a huge order with TSMC for 7nm chips.

Maybe they have decided to wait for a later product on 7nm for the increased VRAM.  Perhaps a new Super SKU.

Have to see what AMDs new cards look like. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

24 minutes ago, Cloudpiercing said:

i'll have no other option then to bite the bullet and get the 3090

Or get one of AMD's RX 6000 series offerings which come with 16GB.....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Cloudpiercing said:

But if the rumor is true then i'll have no other option then to bite the bullet and get the 3090.

Just wait and see what AMD will put on the table, I think you will be surprised.

• Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Rats, that makes the upgrade decisions a bit harder. 

Are there still rumored to be any Titans coming or is the 3090 the new titan?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Rats, that makes the upgrade decisions a bit harder. 

Are there still rumored to be any Titans coming or is the 3090 the new titan?

I think the 48GB Titan was never more than a vague rumour or proposed SKU, unlike the 20Gb 3080 which apparently was really a thing, at least for a while.

I think I also read a rumor that they just won't have a founders edition, but custom 20gb versions still will be a thing. 

It doesn't matter. Called my well known computer vendor and they have a ton of work orders unfinished because nobody can find any nvidia 3xxx cards. I am waiting on a 3090 from them. Nvidia doesn't expect any mass availability until sometime in 2021.

Eric 

11 minutes ago, B777ER said:

ton of work orders unfinished because nobody can find any nvidia 3xxx cards. I am waiting on a 3090 from them. Nvidia doesn't expect any mass availability until sometime in 2021.

i was four weeks on the hunt, since today i finally have a 3090, it will be installed tonight and then a beer on it! cheers

such a *****, card is presented and then you are left alone and look how you come to one...

This could be someone basing it on the fact that Nvidia have stopped listing the 3080-3090 FE cards but that will not affect the AIB partner cards. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Really hope AMD can come in swinging. This is the perfect time to swoop in with a killer price-to-performance ratio.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

nVIDIA just placed a huge order with TSMC for 7nm chips.

Maybe they have decided to wait for a later product on 7nm for the increased VRAM.  Perhaps a new Super SKU.

Exactly, 3080/90 Ti's inbound?

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

i was four weeks on the hunt, since today i finally have a 3090, it will be installed tonight and then a beer on it! cheers

such a *****, card is presented and then you are left alone and look how you come to one...

How did you get one, alerts set up on website?

Eric 

1 hour ago, Nedo68 said:

i was four weeks on the hunt, since today i finally have a 3090, it will be installed tonight and then a beer on it!

I don't think graphics cards work very well with beer on them, maybe stick to a closed loop cooling block if you're worried about temperatures.

• Like 2

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

35 minutes ago, lambourne said:

I don't think graphics cards work very well with beer on them, maybe stick to a closed loop cooling block if you're worried about temperatures.

i meant that i will drink a beer on the joy 😅

• Like 1