Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Looking for a laptop to use primarily for flight planning

Instead of getting a 2nd display or screen since I have very little space on my desk, I'd like to get a laptop mainly for flight planning software such as PFPX, aivlasoft EFB, Little Navmap, Simtoolkit Pro, moving maps to be used alongside with MSFS 2020.

I am thinking of getting the Microsoft Surface Go Laptop at Best Buys for $699 - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-surface-laptop-go-12-4-touch-screen-intel-10th-generation-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-solid-state-drive-platinum/6428996.p?skuId=6428996

or this Lenovo - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-drive-platinum-gray-imr/6398120.p?skuId=6398120

What do you guys think of this? I'm going to try to wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals to see if it'll be cheaper.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU