Sign in to follow this  
J0hnW1ck84

7.43 network server doesn't work

Hello everyone, i've got a problem with the Vox ATC Network Server, the same problem that I've got with the 7.42 version.

After many attempts, I've noticed that the connection between the Vox Server and the Vox Client doesn't establish in a stable way: actually the connection begins, but after about 20 seconds it drops (the Server Panel reports that the client is disconnected, instead the Client panel stills reports an active connection: weird...).

Anyway, i can still start the Vox Server with the remote panel (both from the sim pc and the server pc), but after the initial test, it shows the "FATAL ERROR! DISABLE VOXATC" message. The VoxATC instructions reports: "The first time the client and server connects, the VoxATC indexer files are transmitted from the client to the server followed by any flight plan files on the client computer.", but this doesn't happen because the "\%appdata%\Roaming\Internal Workings\Vox ATC Net Server\index" dir is empty...

I've tried everything, disable firewalls on both pc and disable antivirus, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone else got this problem?

What simulator are you using (FSX, FSX SE,P3D 3, 4 or 5)?

After connecting the first time, did you get a UAC dialog asking you to allow the app to make changes to your device on the server PC and did you agree to that?

I'm using P3D v5, and i answered "Yes" to the UAC SimConConfig request and to the firewall request.

As i said, i've had the same problem with VoxATC 7.42

Edited by J0hnW1ck84

I don't use the Server mode but from @tegoid's response I'm guessing that there is probably a folder permissions issue that is preventing VOXATC from either creating, copying or modifying a file needed by the app.

Could you bring up a command prompt on the server PC.

Run "netstat -a" and see if any of the following TCP port numbers (the numbers after the colons) are in use

65165, 65164, 65166, 65168, 65167, 65171, 65172, 65173, 65174

If so which one(s)

From the server pc i've got only the 65172 port in ESTABLISHED mode (i've launched the VoxATCNClient on the simulator pc).

I've created admin accounts on both the pc, each of which related to the opposite pc, set total permissions to the appdata\roaming\...\voxatc folder on both the pc... nothing changed...

Edited by J0hnW1ck84

Just to be sure, none of the ports listed above are in use before you run VoxATC Net server on the server PC and only 65172 is listed as in use when you do.

3 hours ago, tegoid said:

Just to be sure, none of the ports listed above are in use before you run VoxATC Net server on the server PC and only 65172 is listed as in use when you do.

Confirmed: none of the ports listed above are in use before i run VoxATC Server (included 65172), and only the 65172 is listed as in use when i open VoxATC Server and Vox ATC N Client on the sim pc

FINALLY!! After months and months, I figured out what is the problem: it's in the Vox ATC N Client on the sim pc! On this pc i've installed also VirtualBox, which creates it's own virtual network adapters; for some reason (maybe a bug?), the Vox ATC N Client, in response to the Vox ATC Network Server connection (port 65172), opens a new connection to the Server (port 65171), but instead of using the default network adapter, it uses the VirtualBox network adapter , and that's why the connection dropped after a while. I've disabled all the virtualbox network adapter on the sim pc, and... Ta-dah! It works like a charm!