Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stoopy

No Love for GAMESPY

Guest Stoopy

No need to go back to FS9 because now you can still fly online on all the FS9 servers you knew and loved that use FSHOST....check this out, Chocolate Software has ported a client for FSX so you can fly FSX on FS9 servers. It's been BETA for a coupla weeks but the feedback is very very promising. I dont know if this would revert you to the FS9-style "choppiness" that it gives sometimes though.But it's nice to think that "hoplists" will still be around a good long time!http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0And the info and download link here:http://chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/?fshostclient.html

Guest chicodave

Thank You for the information1) more questionCan still be an ATC host?

Guest chicodave

Once again thank you for the information but it doesn't look like you can use a MIC. Do you know of a good IP address I can use?

Guest Stoopy

I'd encourage you to look into the other freeware program there called FSHostSpy, which when run, will scan the 'net and show you every single server running out there in the world, in every country - and there are LOTS of them. Aside from the IP of each one, most will show additional information as to voice comm IP addresses and most people in that world use TeamSpeak, which is also free (Google search for that).As a matter of fact tonight is PROPS Air Racing night at WestCoastATC and I'm missing the warmup session right now...there's plenty of good stuff out there!As for hosting your own ATC session, I'm not terribly into that so can't offer advice, but there are plenty here who are. Also, the Chocolate SOftware website also has a forum for questions and the people around there are great. If the GameSpy FSX option isn't working I believe you can still run regular FSHOST (that's yet another different freeware program at the above link) and a TeamSpeak server .Point is, it appears that FSX/GameSpy brings the basics together, Multiplay and Voice comms, but it's new, and if you're not satisfied there are alternatives to look at based on previous setups. The advantage there is a well-established and experienced user base.Good luck!