Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

Would like car and boat mod

I think it was an FSX thing that allowed you to spawn a boat or a car and go traveling,,,It would be fun to take boat trips.. I tried it in the icon but it kept nose diving...

The boat mods were amazing in FS9. And i actually really wish there's one in MSFS.

I use to fly as a seagul in FS9. I've been known in a french IVAO server to fly a huge whale as well. Hilarious times back in the days in the IVAO Polynesian french section.

• Like 2

i thinking like a small pleasaure craft  and just cruising the mississippi and larger rivers in the game..

no more like a small boat that you would use to pull jet skis maybe with room enough to sleep aboard,,,kind of boat

Would like a motorcycle mod please! I keep flying over the local twisty roads out in the country where I do my canyon carving hooligan stuff.  Mrs Stoopy would appreciate it if that could become a virtual hobby since I'm almost 60 and she has this loopy idea I'm getting too old to be doing that....

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

That would be fun.

I landed the A5 on a local river and was just taking a short trip, but the problem right now is the vehicle cannot go under a bridge.  Stops cold.  And there are lots of bridges going over the rivers.

So, as silly as this might sound, having sailed more than ive flown... I can see if they completely overhauled the ocean rendering/ physics engine that they could make a really cool sailing simulator in this engine. Then they can link the two sims together so you get live boat traffic by real players (optionally). 

Maybe its just the way I play, I have the sim running on the second screen while im doing other things (CE, work, reading), with my plane in cruise on autopilot - I feel like this would also translate well with the live weather (when its better) onto a sailing simulator. I have sailaway but I havent tried it yet.

In reality theyve already done 50%+ of the work. They just need a good water physics engine and marinas etc.

35 minutes ago, Supersasquatch said:

So, as silly as this might sound, having sailed more than ive flown... I can see if they completely overhauled the ocean rendering/ physics engine that they could make a really cool sailing simulator in this engine. Then they can link the two sims together so you get live boat traffic by real players (optionally). 

Maybe its just the way I play, I have the sim running on the second screen while im doing other things (CE, work, reading), with my plane in cruise on autopilot - I feel like this would also translate well with the live weather (when its better) onto a sailing simulator. I have sailaway but I havent tried it yet.

In reality theyve already done 50%+ of the work. They just need a good water physics engine and marinas etc.

Im pretty sure that engine is gonna go for sale to other type of simulators. MS has hit the jackpot with that technology, and we'll be seing a lot more of it im sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Supersasquatch said:

Ive looked into sailing sims and they all seem to have the same weakness of boring enviroments and really nowhere to go,,, I am sure they doa good job of teaching fundamentals but so far they look really boring. so boats in this would be great

I'm sure they will, and I hope that at some level it stays as an integrated platform instead of a half dozen spin off engines. The idea of being able to see your friends sailing around and land helicopters on moving boats and such will be way too cool to pass up.