Sign in to follow this  
Murray_CHYZ

Can the phraseology be modified?

Hello Dave and other members!

I am relatively new to P2A so PLEASE be kind with your responses. 🙂 

Here's the thing. I've been trying to use the "CAT" scripts found on PilotEdge with Pilot2ATC but find that the wording (phraseology) does not work with P2A very well. So, the question is, is there a way to change the phraseology in P2A? And, how "realistic" is the P2A phraseology compared to "real world", which I assume is being used by PilotEdge. And yes, I realize that P2A is a computer program and does not have the capacity to "understand" human speech nuances as another human can.  Computers work on the "garbage in - garbage out" premise, where humans can work with "garbage in" and usually get things to work out!

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Murray

No you cannot modify the phrases in P2A. 

However, P2A is fairly flexible in what it understands.  The phrases in SayIt are just the basics that should get anyone through most types of flights.

It uses mostly FAA (USA) based terminology with some additional phrases that are more common outside the US.

Dave

Where can I find the FAA (USA) Terminology and phraseology. I'm i GA pilot in sweden and will use P2A for practice the english part of radio communication. Maybe it differs from the swedish/europe phraseology (see https://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/Regler/ts-foreskrifter-i-nummerordning/2019/details?RuleNumber=2019:36&ruleprefix=TSFS). The document includes both english and swedish phraseology for sweden.

The FAA ATC Handbook is widely known by its order number of: 7110.65

You can search that and see phraseology examples as well as separation standards and much more. There is also the AIM (Airman's Information Manual).