Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Horrible AA 1440P

Hello everyone! So i know that in recent updates the AA has gotten worst but I am on TAA with a res of 1440p and there are so many Jagger lines. Is there is tips on how to improve AA or must we wait for Asobo to fix it? Thanks!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

What's your render scaling set to?

21 minutes ago, Clem116 said:

Hello everyone! So i know that in recent updates the AA has gotten worst but I am on TAA with a res of 1440p and there are so many Jagger lines. Is there is tips on how to improve AA or must we wait for Asobo to fix it? Thanks!

There are alot of things that cold be causing jaggies , i would suggest going to youtube or MSFS official forms and look for optimum settings guides for whatever card u have and go from there,  i run 1440 also and its not that bad I have a mix of ultra and high setting u got to consider your graphics cards settings also. etc etc etc

37 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

What's your render scaling set to?

120% and everything mostly on HIGH or ULTRA

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

take a screen shot of your current settings so you can get them back easily and then try default Ultra and see if the issues goes away. if the problem is still there it is not your game settings.

1440p high/ultra 120% render scaling on a midrange card is about the best Ive been able to get with 35 fps average. I havent been able to get rid of my jaggies, but having watched other people's 1440p streams I think I just am oversensitized to them when jumping from 1080p ultra with render scaling 150 to 1440p. I think at the moment, 1440p with render scaling over 120% probably requires pretty high quality gear up there with entry 4k. 1440p which is 2560x1440 with render scaling 150% = 3840 x 2160 which just happens to be equivalent to 4k scaled down to a 1440p monitor. It just so happens that most of the recommended settings that ive seen for 4k in MSFS recommend .7 or .8 render scaling .7 being 2688 x 1512 which is just over 1440p native. None of this is exact, but the point is when people use render scaling down from 4k it probably looks better because it blurs it a bit so you dont see the jaggies and shimmering in the distance. When you scale up from 1440p it probably looks crisper but it just tends to highlight the distance aliasing, jaggies and texture problems. This is my theory and im probably wrong, but having compared with my own eyes in videos and gameplay this is my current theory. 

Have you tried image sharpening in NVCP? I pulled the render scaling back to 100 and set image sharpening to 0.8 or something in nvcp and that helped with image quality, frames and AA on my panel. Of course ymmv.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

One thing I know is that Nvidia apparently has a soften filter you can turn on, I have AMD which has no thing as far as I know. That is one thing I definitely would try at higher resolution scaling.

17 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Have you tried image sharpening in NVCP? I pulled the render scaling back to 100 and set image sharpening to 0.8 or something in nvcp and that helped with image quality, frames and AA on my panel. Of course ymmv.

^^^^^ This right here.  Works wonders!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I used to run the image sharpening at 80%, but it seems to really make the jaggies "POP", since in my experience there is a lot of sharpening built into the game app rendering as it is. Tried turning that off and on, looked better with it off IMO. I actually want some blurriness, especially for distant objects because thats where the worst of my aliasing is.

14 minutes ago, Supersasquatch said:

I actually want some blurriness, especially for distant objects because thats where the worst of my aliasing is.

At my age i get that with distant objects in real life anyway 😄