Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

October 22nd, 2020 - Development Update

On 10/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, Dominique_K said:

The framework of our conversation is the improvements and corrections of  bugs, dysfunctional or dumbed down features. If one trust them to be open and forthcoming, one can only assume that the updates sum up what they actually do or not do. There is no othet indication that they could work on the items that I listed above.

Well yes and no. There's only so much you can (and want) to tell in the development updates. As long as they don't send us their git-diff (summary of all changes to the source code) with respect to the previous version, the list is bound to be incomplete. The git-diff would be incomprehensible to most of us though...

There's no way of knowing the issues they're working on that aren't mentioned on their dev-update list (although there's some additional information to be drawn from their video interviews), but I think it's pretty clear that the list can't contain all the issues they're focussing on. Why they decided to be specific only on the issues voted high in the official forums, and less so on other things, that remains their secret 😉 

It might be weird but wishful thing is not bad per se until it borders delusion 😉. We need to hammer that they should work on them. Will it be useful ? I don’t know but I know that if we don’t say anything, nothing will happen. 

Well that's right, make them known what's missing. Some wishful thinking is good and useful, as long as you have some reasonable justification for it. And if an issue doesn't have a forum thread, open one on the MSFS forums, make it known and get people to vote it up!

Beside, they said indeed that they were working on new sceneries and aircraft.  Will the development of new aircraft help those of the initial release ? Wait and see.

Yep, wait and see... It's hard for us to tell which level of realism they're aiming for, in terms of further improvements of existing aircraft as well as new aircraft. At least Jörg Neumann mentioned in one of the interviews they're going to improve the Garmin glass cockpits a lot further as they originally intended to, because they're really useful for 3rd party aircraft developers as well. So all hope is not lost 😉 

Concerning additional aircraft, my feeling is they're going to outsource those things to established 3pds, like they did with the airports and landmarks in the Japan world update.

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Just for clarification... tomorrow we will get a developer session, not a sim update, correct?

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

24 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Just for clarification... tomorrow we will get a developer session, not a sim update, correct?

As I understand Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok, there will be a simulator update today or tomorrow (Monday or Tuesday), at least for modified Thrustmaster TCA support, so I guess this will be the one announced for this week: 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156207-thrustmaster-tca-quadrant-airbus-edition-release-date/&tab=comments#comment-999527

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The latest development roadmap says 27th

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-22nd-2020-development-update/

(under the entry for October 29th it's stated Update 5: 10/27)

But of course there's no guarantee it will happen.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

29 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

I believe the update (patch) is on the 27th.

WOOHOOO !!!!! One more day before things get worse..lol haha   I hope not.

1 hour ago, AmeliaCat said:

WOOHOOO !!!!! One more day before things get worse..lol haha   I hope not.

Miaow miaow, I mean now now, have faith!😄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

u get your game fixed?

Nope! Still stuck with Gaming Services saying it's installed but simultaneously needing installed.😭

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

hmmm completly unintall and wait till tommorrows upsate to reinstall ?  or just buy a new computer and buy another copy of msfs..lol

1 hour ago, pmb said:

The latest development roadmap says 27th

Nice! I’m really curious about the improved night lighting.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

23 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

hmmm completly unintall and wait till tommorrows upsate to reinstall ?  or just buy a new computer and buy another copy of msfs..lol

Buy the Steam version. This was the immediate end of my installation hassles nearly breaking my system. Fortunately, I was within the refund limit.

Kind regards, Michael

34 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

Since it's any game requiring "Administrator approval", I can't see a re-install succeeding. I can't install any other such game with the same requirement.

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

Buy the Steam version. This was the immediate end of my installation hassles nearly breaking my system. Fortunately, I was within the refund limit.

I already have a code for the Premium Deluxe which I bought 2 weeks ago from Amazon so a Steam version isn't an option. I was just waiting for my free Game Pass trial to run out in a few days before using it.

7 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I already have a code for the Premium Deluxe

That's what I was afraid. Wishing you really good look.

Best regards, Michael

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 8:28 AM, pmb said:

I agree to the fun with MSFS, but I also agree we need some administration tool for the community folder. One aspect is to keep track of versions (and what is installed at all), another one is the growing loading time of the sim - I saw people reporting loading times of 15 min and longer, and this is 2 months after launch with an exploding number of addons. 

While a lot of my hopes for MSFS have fulfilled (yes!), my expectations for a streamlined addon-management over the legacy simulators didn't so far.

Kind regards, Michael 

Hi Michael, not sure you would not have seen this but a developer has come to our rescue with a tool called "MSFS Addons Linker" which in essence allows keeping addons in a root folder of your choice with any number of nested folders while the tool creates Symbolic links to the MFS Community folder.

Very easy UI that looks like two spreadsheet tabs. The tool also allows update tracking. I highly recommend it.

Here is the Link: https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

Cheers Anton.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.