Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leafhopper

The only way to fly!

ROFLMAO... :)That was a riot... FSX Does that you...man Stay away from it... Its very addictive.;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You have forgotten to finish up with Ouzo or Zivania!Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest Leafhopper

"You have forgotten to finish up with Ouzo or Zivania!" No, I prefer bologna with mayo!

Guest rmce

What's really really funny, is that I just completed Glasgow to Zurich, in real dreadful weather, and I had a terrific flight!I took a video, but do not know how to post it.FsFx with AS6, good frame rates, crash detection on, default 737 and all with a paltry P2.4 1GB and Nvidia 5500.As I broke through bad puke making weather, the sun rose, and it was beautiful. Alps and whole approach to Zurich breathtaking. Sliders in the middle, just as Fs9 was.It is funny, for me, this FSFX, works! I am sober!

Guest Leafhopper

Since this has turned to more serious matters: FSX on my machine has great frame rates if I fly from my home airport in Gleneden Beach (S45)on the Oregon coast. I can have a truly wonderful flight experience with all sliders to the right and 4/8 cloud coverage (cumulus). The flight dynamics are much more real than FS9. The autogen makes the forests more life-like and populates the world for a really great experience. But let me start into the valley on approach to KHMO Hillsboro and the stutters start. So I start dumbing down the autogen and complexity settings. By the time I get to Hillsboro autogen must be on sparse and scenery complexity on medium. What I hate, is that if you put scenery complexity on sparse there are no airport buildings shown at small rural airports where the density is light to begin with.Let me try to approach PDX and the stutters (little micro stutters) become constant and then I get these long duration pauses - and that's on sparse settings for autogen and scenery complexity. This sim has so much to offer it is a shame that it just can't be run at "enjoyable" settings on last years high end machines. MS just hasn't hit that "enjoyable spot" for the average simmer. I understand the concept of building in future levels of higher enjoyment - more eye candy and features with future tech, but they missed the "today" experience for the "today" simmer. So I bought it today but I can't enjoy it until some time in future - and that is still questionable. Some seem to be having a great experience with tech they bought within the past couple of months but that's not an option for me.ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe, AMD 64 4000+, 2 gigs ram,GeForce 7600GT 256, WD Raptor C Drive and 200 gig SATA. I built this machine myself at a cost of $2700 less than a year ago.

Guest Leafhopper

It's 11:35 PM here on the Oregon Coast with torential rain, high winds and weather service warnings of 32 to 36 ft seas until Monday morning!No more scotch or wheatberry beer! Everytime I fire up FSX the electricity goes out! Life is rough! All there is to drink is lime juice and hurrican lamp oil! Well, I do have c o f f e e!