Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

Dear TBM : I want to Luv you but , Its difficult .

Please stop trying to kill me. Stop randomly turning autopilot off , increasing Dn trim to max and extending my landing gear. Its not very nice and the last time you did that I was about 200ft agl and barely  had time to recover.. Stop randomly switching electrical power to off.. its annoying. Stop being so word not allowed unstable and woobly  please respect when I turn Yaw dampner on.  Please stop banking to the right whenever u feel like it. My joystick is calibrated and even when I use rudder trim it doesnt completely solve the issue. So I know its you and not one of my settings. I give you premium fuel , keep you waxed and hangered and you still misbehave . You should try and act like your Cessna cousins and do what is expected of you. Maybe you just dont like cats?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

TBM flies just fine. It has bugs, for sure, but none of that behavior you describe. I'd start troubleshooting my setup. 

• Like 3

I think it is angry because you are not using the turning signal reliably when you make left and right turns! My driving instructor would get angry at me for that as well!

Did you ever find the switch for that? 🙂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

TBM flies just fine. It has bugs, for sure, but none of that behavior you describe. I'd start troubleshooting my setup. 

yah just some weird bugs  ,,but even in the caravan i get a weird right roll bug and sometimes when i land I am initially going straight and then it makes a violent right hand turn that cant be explained..nit windy and I have no rudder in,,, maybe my joystick nad msfs have issues now and then,,not a big deal just wanted to gripe.

7 minutes ago, Janov said:

I think it is angry because you are not using the turning signal reliably when you make left and right turns! My driving instructor would get angry at me for that as well!

Did you ever find the switch for that? 🙂

Ive decided to just ignore traffic safety... no one cares anyways...lol

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

PS i forgot to mnention I think alot of the bugs are caused by playing with live settings and with those off i really dont have any issues.

7 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

yah just some weird bugs  ,,but even in the caravan i get a weird right roll bug and sometimes when i land I am initially going straight and then it makes a violent right hand turn that cant be explained..nit windy and I have no rudder in,,, maybe my joystick nad msfs have issues now and then,,not a big deal just wanted to gripe.

You don't by any chance have BOTH your pedals and also a joystick twist axis mapped to the yaw axis ?  That is one thing that definitely would cause those symptoms .

nope no pedals just a twist joystick... i checked all my bindings and its not a consistent issue.

i just think full live traffic causes input bleed over from other players.. I have a Hotas set up and earlier after i switched to another plane my throttle would only give me about 40 % power even though my physical throttle was at max as usual,, had to re calibrate,

Edited by AmeliaCat
add more letters

12 minutes ago, AmeliaCat said:

nope no pedals just a twist joystick... i checked all my bindings and its not a consistent issue.

i just think full live traffic causes input bleed over from other players.. I have a Hotas set up and earlier after i switched to another plane my throttle would only give me about 40 % power even though my physical throttle was at max as usual,, had to re calibrate,

Try:

Use generic skins (multiplayer) 

- there is apparently a known issue with multiplayer controls bleeding through if two people have the same default skin.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

PS i forgot to mnention I think alot of the bugs are caused by playing with live settings and with those off i really dont have any issues.

I have been flying the TBM for hours, it is probably my favorite aircraft, and I always fly with live settings. I never experienced any problem you describe here, my TBM flies like a charm in manual and the autopilot does exactly what is expected. In manual, it slightly tends to turn left, I think this is because of the torque effect, but the rudder trim can fix this.

I may have an explanation for you. It may be because of your joystick that sometimes sends erroneous information. This happens to me with one of my thrust lever: I move it up to increase throttle and around 10-15%, it jumps to 100% and comes back. This is a pain when taxiing, sometimes the engine goes full power for half a second.
It may be the same with your stick. It is centered, but suddenly it sends an information to the PC as if you were moving it full left (or right) during 1/10th of a second. The aircraft would turn left (or right) when in manual flying and if you are on autopilot, maybe the autopilot disconnects, thinking you want to take manual control.

I never tested this but I thought it might be a possible explanation.

• Like 1