Sign in to follow this  
AmeliaCat

Dear TBM : I want to Luv you but , Its difficult .

Hi AmeliaCat,

Hope you eventually get this TBM behaving. I am certain that the troubles originate from your particular sim settings/hardware interface. As CaptainNick indicated, aspects of the a/c simulation have considerable room for improvement including the G3000 avionics suite. But for a default a/c out of the box, all the features offered have worked well for me. I just finished a second video with the TBM incorporating a flight plan, autopilot and manual flight. Have a look at how the a/c behaves in the video on autopilot and when I take the controls. It is a long complete flight, so check the time stamps in the description to view the relevant characteristics.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

9 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

Please stop trying to kill me. Stop randomly turning autopilot off , increasing Dn trim to max and extending my landing gear. Its not very nice and the last time you did that I was about 200ft agl and barely  had time to recover.. Stop randomly switching electrical power to off.. its annoying. Stop being so word not allowed unstable and woobly  please respect when I turn Yaw dampner on.  Please stop banking to the right whenever u feel like it. My joystick is calibrated and even when I use rudder trim it doesnt completely solve the issue. So I know its you and not one of my settings. I give you premium fuel , keep you waxed and hangered and you still misbehave . You should try and act like your Cessna cousins and do what is expected of you. Maybe you just dont like cats?

What i have learned in an earlier thread is that the problem is most likely the Pilot and not the Sim. (Not my opinion actually)

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

This is so bizarre because I fly the TBM a lot (my favorite aircraft in MSFS) and I have never, ever experienced anything like this. 

TBM flies well for me too. One bug I found is that if you're on AP and do active pause, the trim will be messed up and plane will plunge when you release the active pause. And it wobbles on AP if I accelerate the sim rate to 8x, but no problem with normal or 2x sim rate. 

• Like 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Try:

Use generic skins (multiplayer) 

- there is apparently a known issue with multiplayer controls bleeding through if two people have the same default skin.

Thanks for sharing this.  I was on a flight where all was working fine and then all of a sudden the aircraft took a brutal right bank straight into the ground.  Controls were uncooperative.  This may explain it, as I was using a downloaded skin.  (National Geographic skin).

Alexander Alonso

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Try:

Use generic skins (multiplayer) 

- there is apparently a known issue with multiplayer controls bleeding through if two people have the same default skin.

Thanks for sharing this.  I was on a flight where all was working fine and then all of a sudden the aircraft took a brutal right bank straight into the ground.  Controls were uncooperative.  This may explain it, as I was using a downloaded skin.  (National Geographic skin).

Alexander Alonso

Interesting,

I also pretty much fly the TBM exclusively and apart from the known issues (PFD locking up) I really do not have many complaints. I think it is one of the best aircraft in MSFS 2020 and is continuing to improve with the community mods.

I hope you are able to work things out

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

13 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

Please stop trying to kill me. Stop randomly turning autopilot off , increasing Dn trim to max and extending my landing gear. Its not very nice and the last time you did that I was about 200ft agl and barely  had time to recover.. Stop randomly switching electrical power to off.. its annoying. Stop being so word not allowed unstable and woobly  please respect when I turn Yaw dampner on.  Please stop banking to the right whenever u feel like it. My joystick is calibrated and even when I use rudder trim it doesnt completely solve the issue. So I know its you and not one of my settings. I give you premium fuel , keep you waxed and hangered and you still misbehave . You should try and act like your Cessna cousins and do what is expected of you. Maybe you just dont like cats?

Do you have childrens? Last time i was on cruise with the CJ4, went to the bathroomas you do. Then heard all kind of alarms and crazy sounds from the computer. Was getting mad at this stupid MSFS, stupid buggy planes! Then went back to the PC, only to find my 5 year old at the wheel trying to kamikaze my plane in Lake Michigan 😄

• Like 1

Just now, leprechaunlive said:

Do you have childrens? Last time i was on cruise with the CJ4, went to the bathroomas you do. Then heard all kind of alarms and crazy sounds from the computer. Was getting mad at this stupid MSFS, stupid buggy planes! Then went back to the PC, only to find my 5 year old at the wheel trying to kamikaze my plane in Lake Michigan 😄

I dont have kittens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

I also pretty much fly the TBM exclusively and apart from the known issues (PFD locking up) I really do not have many complaints. I think it is one of the best aircraft in MSFS 2020 and is continuing to improve with the community mods.

The TBM is the next of the aircraft I plan to move into with some flight hours.  I note that you mentioned the PFD locking up.  I believe I saw another member's mention of that about a week or ten days ago.  I have logged quite a number of hours now in G1000 fitted models.  In those G1000 models what I have experienced are occasional lockups of the MFD.  So is it the PFD in the G3000 but the MFD in the G1000? 

My workaround in the G1000 is to once airborne use the PFD exclusively to make flight plan changes. Leaving hands off of those features in the MFD as it has been in those pages I get trapped in, so to speak.  Changes such as selecting and activating an upstream flight plan segment, and selection, loading, and activation of procedures such as approaches.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The TBM is the next of the aircraft I plan to move into with some flight hours.  I note that you mentioned the PFD locking up.  I believe I saw another member's mention of that about a week or ten days ago.  I have logged quite a number of hours now in G1000 fitted models.  In those G1000 models what I have experienced are occasional lockups of the MFD.  So is it the PFD in the G3000 but the MFD in the G1000? 

My workaround in the G1000 is to once airborne use the PFD exclusively to make flight plan changes. Leaving hands off of those features in the MFD as it has been in those pages I get trapped in, so to speak.  Changes such as selecting and activating an upstream flight plan segment, and selection, loading, and activation of procedures such as approaches.  

When this happens I just delete the approach and then reselect it, that normally returns the PFD to normal

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 minutes ago, Richdem said:

When this happens I just delete the approach and then reselect it, that normally returns the PFD to normal

Don't wish to hijack this topic.  Just prepping for the TBM. 

Deleting the approach will not work for me in the G1000.  I can somehow page the MFD  from the FPL page to and from the settings page that shows frequency tuning options  (25 vs 8.333), but  cannot make changes in either of those pages.   And cannot escape the trap that limits me to those two pages.  I can however use the FPL and PROC functions of the PFD.  Interesting that with the G3000 the issue is with the PFD, not the MFD.

Thank you, I have made a note of your workaround in the TBM.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

29 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Don't wish to hijack this topic.  Just prepping for the TBM. 

well too late for that buddy..lol JK  hope you have a productive and rewarding relationship with TBM.

17 hours ago, AmeliaCat said:

Why is this not happening to me!? I don't understand.... 

I'm beginning to feel like the only survivor of a massacre, standing bewildered amidst the bodies..... 😿

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5