Sign in to follow this  
jester1964

Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2

Hi all, new to the forum and to X Plane.  I've been flying / simming with DCS for years now, mainly the A10A and C, have the Warthog HOTAS ,VR (Rift S), TrackIR for non VR, and a Honeycomb Alpha on the way now to use with X Plane.  I've also recently been dabbling with Voice Attack in Star Wars Squadrons in VR and boy does this increase your kill rate and immersion 😄

I came to X Plane from the boost in publicity given by the launch of MS2020, and I have this as well, looks lovely but I believe has a way to go for IRF etc.

Anyway, I digress!!

I purchased the Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2, think it was about $30, so I expected it to be on the money, but no matter what I try I get a horrible, incessant whining noise in cockpit mode, really unbearable.  Even turning the sound off altogether doesn't get rid of it.  I'm thinking now it's a sound card conflict issue, or something like this.

Carenado support got back to me, I sent them the log file, they  made a recommendation to turn off my firewall and antivirus (I wasn't happy with that but tried it) and to re-install.

No joy.

Has anyone else had this situation?  All my other planes are fine, and this also includes all my DL's not from Laminar in my Aircraft Folder.

Thanks, apart from this I'm enjoying this sim immensely!

John

I just posted a blog with regards to the Carenado C182T G1000; I will append it to this message.

With regards to your problem I don't have a fix but I feel you pain!. I want to relate a similar issue and it's probably similar all be it different. I had the "clanking" sound while the airplane is running. Default X-Plane starts with airplane running. For weeks I could not figure it out. It turned out that the magneto switch was in the Start position; hence the starter was engaged causing a clanging problem I did not notice the my Logitech hard switch was in the start position. Once I put it on both the sound returned to normal. 

Maybe it's something similar ???? or related to .....

Here is my current issue now; any thoughts

I loaded in X-Plane a Carenado C182T G1000 Skylane. I use Simionic PFC - MFD on iPAD's synced to X-Plane. All works great except the Low voltage CAS light remains illuminated on the PFD due to Bus E showing 23.9 volts on the Carenado C182 in X-Plane. It need to show 24 Volts on the Carenado C182 in X-Plane. Carenado say's I have to ask on the forum how to edit this value as they cannot edit an airplane.

On 10/23/2020 at 10:58 AM, jester1964 said:

Hi all, new to the forum and to X Plane.  I've been flying / simming with DCS for years now, mainly the A10A and C, have the Warthog HOTAS ,VR (Rift S), TrackIR for non VR, and a Honeycomb Alpha on the way now to use with X Plane.  I've also recently been dabbling with Voice Attack in Star Wars Squadrons in VR and boy does this increase your kill rate and immersion 😄

I came to X Plane from the boost in publicity given by the launch of MS2020, and I have this as well, looks lovely but I believe has a way to go for IRF etc.

Anyway, I digress!!

I purchased the Carenado CT182T_G1000_v1.2, think it was about $30, so I expected it to be on the money, but no matter what I try I get a horrible, incessant whining noise in cockpit mode, really unbearable.  Even turning the sound off altogether doesn't get rid of it.  I'm thinking now it's a sound card conflict issue, or something like this.

Carenado support got back to me, I sent them the log file, they  made a recommendation to turn off my firewall and antivirus (I wasn't happy with that but tried it) and to re-install.

No joy.

Has anyone else had this situation?  All my other planes are fine, and this also includes all my DL's not from Laminar in my Aircraft Folder.

Thanks, apart from this I'm enjoying this sim immensely!

John

I have the same problem, similar setup to you.  I found that if I switch off the engine and master switch, the whine stops, but it winds down quite slowly.  This sounds to me like they are modeling the whine an electric turn coordinator makes, it is a bit similar in the real aircraft (but you have a headset on so you don't hear it!).  If I then switch battery master on, it cranks up again, with engine still off.  So this has all the symptoms of eager modeling of electric TC, but annoyingly it's too loud and there is no way to switch off.  I contacted Carenado support today to see if they can do anything (I don't have high hopes).