Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

MDST IN DR MOD

Today I promise that I will not post any links to any freeware airport unless IMHO is at the level of payware:

https://flightsim.to/file/2188/mdst-cibao-international-airport

The other thing I will do is make sure that it works on my system and not rely on pretty pictures on the download page before I share.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

@DJJose

Jose-

I have found so many sceneries because of you... please keep it up! I’m happy to hear that you are going to concentrate on quality more. Some of the stuff, particularly the simple Google imports suffer greatly up close.

Appreciate your efforts!

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

It's awesome.  Hopefully he'll do MDSD and MDPP.

• Like 1

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, DMullert said:

It's awesome.  Hopefully he'll do MDSD and MDPP.

I suggested that on a review. Let's see if the developer responds.

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

@DJJose

Jose-

I have found so many sceneries because of you... please keep it up! I’m happy to hear that you are going to concentrate on quality more. Some of the stuff, particularly the simple Google imports suffer greatly up close.

Appreciate your efforts!

C

A bonus just for you my friend:

https://flightsim.to/file/2214/aeropuerto-de-cabotaje-tambor-costa-rica

Edited by DJJose

Thanks for posting, great to see the Dominican getting some freeware love.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 10/23/2020 at 11:17 AM, cavaricooper said:

Some of the stuff, particularly the simple Google imports suffer greatly up close.

PHNL as an example.  I hope that one gets some handcrafted Aloha.

Well, payware quality? Yes, if you take the majority of MSFS scenery that is available on simmarket.com, for sure. Otherwise I would say, this is honest, appreciable freeware. I remember the old days, when payware was the exception rather than the norm. So i appreciate any developer sharing his work for free, because that is a spirit that seems to be lost in the last two decades (on second thought - make it three decades!).

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Looks superb- heading there this morning.  I haven't done this since the lady used to come and pick you up and take you into town in her beat up old car.  Sure to bring back lots of fading memories of Cedar Key!

Thanks @DJJose Jose!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

26 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Looks superb- heading there this morning.  I haven't done this since the lady used to come and pick you up and take you into town in her beat up old car.  Sure to bring back lots of fading memories of Cedar Key!

Thanks @DJJose Jose!

C

This sim is an absolute dream for these types of airports. A crosswind has a dramatic effect on landings. The speed on final doesn't just bleed, you actually have to approach at the proper speed. Finally, the PIC is distracted by the crashing waves, white caps, and beautiful scenery. Even payware airports in P3D now look so dull to my eyes. I'm so happy that I decided to fully invest in this new sim.

I'll add that the MSFS community has also responded by giving us these excellent mods to further enhance the sim. I'm so glad that ASOBO chose this route because it's clear to me that they are not listening to what we need addressed.

• Like 1

I'm going to reserve comment on that Jose, for a few weeks more.  I'm very much awaiting the North America update, after which we should have a good baseline for this part of the world.  I always remind myself, that whilst this bit is important to me, there are many others in the world, waiting for their particular area to improve. 

Still, Steve Dra @Steve Dra and I took a flight out of @Verticalsim KPCM Muni (fast becoming one of my favorites now) to the Cedar Key you pointed us to.  What a BLAST FROM THE PAST... everything was SO FAMILIAR and so recognizable.. Crystal River Power Station sorely needs someone talented (maybe the guy who gave us Kennedy Space Center) to do their magic... the tower circles are there, and most of it is good, but the towers themselves- a huge landmark in this part of the world, are missing.

I do fully agree with you, that allowing for this sort of "cottage industry" for talented persons to give of their time and talent to the community as a whole is a FANTASTIC ability, given us by @Asobo.

I really am enjoying the evolution of this Sim... and really am looking forward to it growing into a robust platform.  If done correctly Flight Sim platform world domination isn't an eventual possibility 🙂

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

34 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I'm going to reserve comment on that Jose, for a few weeks more.  I'm very much awaiting the North America update, after which we should have a good baseline for this part of the world.  I always remind myself, that whilst this bit is important to me, there are many others in the world, waiting for their particular area to improve.

I hear you. I just don't like the way that ASOBO has decided to go about updating the sim. Many have complained that little ha been done in the last two months. They promised a lot of sim, but failed to deliver. This is in no way a knock on what I'm enjoying, but this sim could be and should be so much better if they simply get their act together. I'm only writing these words because I'm as passionate about MSFS 2020 as you are about the Carenoado Mooney and how you want it at  a higher standard than it currently is and Carenado is the one that needs to change their old ways if that is to come to fruition.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the flight to Cedar Key. After Covid-19 lets make it happen IRL.

Edited by DJJose

Absolutely! I agree with your points, and that @Asobo has over promised and under delivered in areas. Yet, in other areas it’s brilliant. I have decided to withhold on final judgement until Christmas 2021. By then it should be shaping up into what it will truly be.

My conundrum is that I really don’t want to spend much more on P3D as I believe MSFS will be my sim for the next decade... as MSFS isn’t robust and accurate yet- that leaves a problem.

Perhaps I will just fly the sceneries and air raft I already have in P3D, while fully exploring the incremental development of our new sim.

Again, I am so grateful to those who have the talent to create these freeware gems, and to you Jose, for highlighting them after testing, as they come on line.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 10/23/2020 at 4:00 PM, DJJose said:

Today I promise that I will not post any links to any freeware airport unless IMHO is at the level of payware:

https://flightsim.to/file/2188/mdst-cibao-international-airport

The other thing I will do is make sure that it works on my system and not rely on pretty pictures on the download page before I share.

Thanks DJ! 👍

You put a lot of time in to help the other community members.  It is appreciated.  Can't wait to try these.  Especially Catalina! 😉

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.