Sign in to follow this  
esanders9863

How to install add-ons into steampowered.com

32 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

Do you mean steam gauges ?

"steampowered.com" is the URL for the Steam store.  I think this person is just confused, and asking how to install MSFS add-ons to the Steam version of the sim, since you can't buy them directly through the Steam store.

In answer to your question esanders, you can either buy add-ons from the Marketplace that is in the actual sim itself, or you just need to locate where your Steam install folder is (can't recall the default path off the top of my head).

4 hours ago, Scottoest said:

"steampowered.com" is the URL for the Steam store.  I think this person is just confused, and asking how to install MSFS add-ons to the Steam version of the sim, since you can't buy them directly through the Steam store.

In answer to your question esanders, you can either buy add-ons from the Marketplace that is in the actual sim itself, or you just need to locate where your Steam install folder is (can't recall the default path off the top of my head).

You are correct, that's exactly what I was trying to say, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, but I notice some new add-ons for Microsoft flight simulator isn't available, on the online steam store  so I was just wondering if I can purchase the add-on directly from the manufacturer of the software, or such online stores like Sam Market, and add this add-on to my Microsoft flight simulator on Steam, and yes I did find a folder titled Steam, but after opening it, I have no idea what to do next as far as adding the actual add-on to my software, that I purchase on Steampowered.com

Some addons are sold directly inside MSFS marketplace (that's in the sim). These are installed by the software itself.

Some addons are bought through the developers store or a retailer. Install of these usually comes with instructions and may have an installer that installs it for you or require a manual install in which you follow the instructions.

Some addons require to be installed the same way as freeware addons. These are simply placed in the MSFS Community folder.

Here is a video on how to find the community folder. Just make sure if you don't need developer mode after finding your folder to turn it back off afterwards as keeping it on will turn off flight logging.

James