Sign in to follow this  
OSM

Does any Garmin Mod improved autopilot functionality?

Currently we have mods from GNS 430 to G3000. Does any of them improved default autopilot functionality or all "garmin" Mods improve only User Interface? Please share your experience.

Edited by OSM

32 minutes ago, OSM said:

Currently we have mods from GNS 430 to G3000. Does any of them improved default autopilot functionality or all "garmin" Mods improve only User Interface? Please share your experience.

No it is up to Asobo so go to the official forums and upvote it to make a priority

• Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

38 minutes ago, OSM said:

Yes.  Seek them out and read the change logs. revision to revision.  Those will contain the information you are asking for.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, OSM said:

Allegedly  😄 

most of the mods seem to be softening the crazy AP behaviors, but it could be just me (never really had any problem with Ap anyways, just have to be very gentle, give him a nice trimmed and balanced plane, otherwise he's gonna over correct and kill you)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Allegedly  😄 

most of the mods seem to be softening the crazy AP behaviors, but it could be just me (never really had any problem with Ap anyways, just have to be very gentle, give him a nice trimmed and balanced plane, otherwise he's gonna over correct and kill you)

The mods mostly affected user interface, following flight plans, and handing approaches properly.  

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

The mods mostly affected user interface, following flight plans, and handing approaches properly.  

wich is already a million times better than default 🙂

• Like 1

One thing they have fixed with the AP is they prevent the flight plan U-turn that was present without them.

• Like 1

James

2 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

One thing they have fixed with the AP is they prevent the flight plan U-turn that was present without them.

That's not the AP. It's a function of the Garmin nav system infidelity.

2 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

That's not the AP. It's a function of the Garmin nav system infidelity.

So it was doing the U-turn even with the AP off?  

• Like 2

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Ah AVSIM.com.  All of the years I spent away from you. Now that I've returned its so good to see you haven't changed a bit 🤣😂🤣😲  Well perhaps there are less arguments at least in the forums I haunt. 

The sarcasm though could compete with A320s for airspace dominance.  That last exchange was too funny. 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

So it was doing the U-turn even with the AP off?  

ROTFLMAO

• Like 1