Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

PMDG BBJ series is released

Just saw that the BBJs have taken the front page of the PMDG site...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If someone got BBJ and our 737Xu Cockpit Sound Immersion package, I would appreciate the feedback regarding the sounds.

Thank you in advance.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

When I move to V5 full time I will likely pick up, the NGXu to replace the NGX but more interested in the DC6 being updated to V5 than a bland carpet and cabinet interior frankly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

47 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

If someone got BBJ and our 737Xu Cockpit Sound Immersion package, I would appreciate the feedback regarding the sounds.

Thank you in advance.

i have your package and love it.  But not the BBJ.  Is the CFM update out yet that you mentioned?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

i have your package and love it.  But not the BBJ.  Is the CFM update out yet that you mentioned?

I'm glad you like it. 🙂
CFM V2 update is not a big one, just some changes on idle thrust, and some bass volume tweaking. Maybe engine buzz at altitude will be slightly tweaked also, we are still evaluating (listening to RW recordings).

• Like 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

cool.  I have both the CFM one and the cockpit lite.  Enjoy both and also will get the MD80 cockpit when it's ready

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Wow.  Only 5 replies.  Is this a record low for a PMDG release?  Does this mean everyone is flying MSFS?  I thought the crowds were going crazy for a proper biz jet.

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

14 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Wow.  Only 5 replies.  Is this a record low for a PMDG release?  Does this mean everyone is flying MSFS?  I thought the crowds were going crazy for a proper biz jet.

I think everyone gave up on the BBJ long ago, and just added a BBJ skin onto the NGX/NGXu....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I bought the cargo one but never had any interest in a bbj. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

proper biz jet

In my mind, an airliner converted to a biz jet isn't “proper“. I'm waiting for a Global Express, a Gulfstream, or a Citation X. Until then, I'm gladly using my Learjet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

little too heavy for  a bizjet to appeal to me. A sleek gulfstream on the other hand...🤗

(preferably with mid 80s Honeywell SPZ setup.)

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Personally I have no interest in flying a 737 far enough to require the extra fuel tanks so there’s not really a value proposition for me with this release.  I didn’t buy the cargo version yet either, partially because I’m flying 75% of my time in MSFS and returning to P3D for 25% of my time with my existing airliner addons, so not really buying much for P3D these days.  The other thing is it’s a more obscure version without a lot of operators (yet) so I’m not sure I would have bought it even without MSFS having been released.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just my preference but I like to think I'm flying plain old folks for various reasons then over paid big shots who might be running their companies into the ground, so cooperate flying just doesn't appeal to me. I guess that's because I spent most of my life working in the front lines where the troops are. It's all fantasy life but I like to think I'm flying 140 souls more like me then some big shot who would think of me as little more then a door mat so no BBJ for me. 

As far as the NGXu freighter, freight dogging  is much more interesting in the QOTS then a 737 and there really isn't many737 freighters in the real world anyway. IMHO PMDG would better have spent the time and resources on the much desired MD11 or a 767 but it's their call and I suppose they know much more then I what customers want.

Vic green

My planes are empty apart from me and the imaginary babe who acts as my first officer. No passengers. No cargo. Nada.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

My planes are empty apart from me and the imaginary babe who acts as my first officer. No passengers. No cargo. Nada.

Opps! Is that her imaginary husband hiding in the shower with a Beretta? Could be an adventurous plane after all.🙄

Vic green