Sign in to follow this  
julianomayer

GTN750 Integration with FJS 727

Hi all, is that possible to someone share a guide to how to put the 3d objects of the GTN on 3d cockpit, I am struggling to do that . I want to put on the FJS 727 v3, and I have some pictures of a real 727 with GTN 750. Thank you in advance.

That may or may not be possible.. it very much depends on the panel model for the airplane.

Ideally, you would find a gauge that you can replace, and that offers you enough space in the panel to fit the GTN750..

I do not own that airplane so cannot say if this could be accomplished..

Second question is if the autopilot is willing to work with the GTN gauge.. again, aircraft dependent.

• Like 2

Bert

Thank you for your reply. 

For the first question, I tried to follow this guide, but there is no gauges in the picture generated (or I did something wrong, the picture was weird).

The answear for the second question, GTN in 2d pop up window works flawless with the FJS 727 Autopilot.

I tried to replace the FMC obj files with the GTN750 3d obj in planemaker and it kind of worked(In planemaker the GTN750 3d obj showed up instead of the fmc), but when I loaded in X-Plane, there was just an empty space with the FMC screen and invisible buttons. I tried to this because I didnt now how to calculate the coordinates to put in another place.

Finally, here is a video taken this month of a real 727 with GTN750 flying in Brazil.

Update: I was messing around in AC3D and I was able to put the 3d obj files of the GTN 750 in the FJS 727, I just dont know how to put the actual "screen" of the GTN. If anybody could give me some hints, would be appreciated.

I've chosen to put in the right side to preserve the FMC and Civa.

29 minutes ago, julianomayer said:

Update: I was messing around in AC3D and I was able to put the 3d obj files of the GTN 750 in the FJS 727, I just dont know how to put the actual "screen" of the GTN. If anybody could give me some hints, would be appreciated.

I've chosen to put in the right side to preserve the FMC and Civa.

If you know the location of the gauge, you should be able to add a gauge line in the panel.cfg file... such as:

gaugeXX=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1,  X, Y, W, H, NO_BEZEL

X,Y is the location of the upper left corner of the screen

W,H are the width and height in pixels

Bert

@Bert Pieke This is the X-Plane forum and unfortunately it is not the same.

@julianomayer Rendering the GTN into the 3D cockpit requires having an area in the panel.png panel texture to render to. Should you add your own .OBJ with the bezel and the screen polygon I believe the screen polygon should also map to the panel.png texture (UV mapping?). Once you have such area available and mapped on the polygon, you can then configure the RealityXP.GTN.ini file so that the GTN device renders its screen onto that texture area (frame.rect = )

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

This is the X-Plane forum and unfortunately it is not the same.

OOOPS!  🤔

Bert

Hi Guys ! 

Integration was made by a friend of us (Der fuchs & me) with GTN725 & 625, as in the real one. I sent a PM to FJS to know if they're ok with this, to share the mod. Wait & See.

124356121_10221675887379145_322231101711123658531_10221675887659152_207309056696

• Like 1

as we had to modify some original files from the Fjs727 to integrate the GTN, we are waiting there authorisation to share with everyone.

• Like 1

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg