Sign in to follow this  

Space Shuttle for FSX

Check out the screens.http://www.captainsim.com/products/s001/exterior.htmlThis just looks too cool. If the shuttle works as well as it looks, this will be a gas. Bringing this thing into Edwards AFB onto one of the mega long runways is going to be insanely fun. If the shuttle can be set up as an AI flight, or in MP, it would also be a riot to be the chase plane.For me, Edwards AFB is screaming for a serious custom scenery add-on. It already looks good and gives great FPS, and the place is so full of history, this is one I would look forward to. Some people are already groaning, "Oh ya,a space shuttle...", Not me. This is one more opportunity to have a great flight simulation experience. (There are several members here who have posted legitimate complaints about Captain Sim's business practices, but for my part, I have bought three of their add-ons with no trouble at all and enjoy flying their stuff very much.)

"I see they are doing the Atlantis.I think Challenger or Columbia would more apprpriate for CS to do"Great Constructive comments there.Dont buy it - dont abuse it unless you have it.I consider the comments regarding the Shuttles extremely poor.Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

Guest AOA

ThreeGreensI calls them as I sees them Captain.;)Considering CS`s track record my comments are apprpriate and in no way belittling the sacrifices made by what I consider the heros of my space agency.I fully expect you to try to continue to pursue this line of argument as well as the original poster but I`ve said what I have to say.I don`t like CS and the way they have jerked their customers around and feel that they are unable provide any products beyond a nice looking visual model.It`s that simple for me really.Pete

Guest tomPA

Hi,why pay for a shuttle model without ET and SRB

Guest AOA

Hi TomThere you go.Thanks for bringing that up as it is a fantastic sim developed by folks that know what they are doing.Perfect for the spacefairing types.Pete

I wasnt really concerned about your abuse of CS - more of your distasteful comments about the Shuttles.Surely your comments could have been made in a more mature way.Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

Guest Cindy_Zoonan

EDIT: Post something like that again, and you won't be posting here anymore.

Intresting...Hope they'll find a way to give us "real" orbital physics (like in orbiter). Would be nice if they included the ISS, so you have a place to rest in orbit. :-hah Anyway, they'll need to create alot of new gauges like space nav tools and stuff! The easy way would be to develop a reentry only sim, but I wouldn't care about an addon like that! :-luke

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Intresting...>>Hope they'll find a way to give us "real" orbital physics>(like in orbiter). Would be nice if they included the ISS, so>you have a place to rest in orbit. :-hah .....>... :-luke I doubt a reasonable Shuttle can be simulated in FSX. I slewed more than one AC above 100,000 ft (up to 300,000 ft) and there is a lot of atmosphere 'up there'. There shouldn't be. Controls had an effect even at 250,000 ft (~50 miles, 85 km). I fly Orbiter quite a bit, there is little aerodynamic control at that height unless one is at Mach 20+. Further, it's doubtful that FSX handles more than Mach 3.2. The AIR files are essentially the same as in previous versions, where 3.2 is the limit. RAF

why simulate the cockpit of a shuttle from the 1980s era? Why no LCDs Captain Sim?