Sign in to follow this  
Steve_Kay

Using ‘Travel to’ function drains fuel tank

Morning all,

Whenever I use the travel to function I end up on final approach with no fuel. For example, I flew from Lossiemouth to Evenes yesterday which with the ILS approach is 490 nm. Both fuel tanks were full and the TBM 930 has a range of 1700 nm. After reaching the cruise I traveled to the approach and had over half of of my fuel capacity left. After realising the approach was going to be quite lengthy due to the stupid ILS entry pattern I travelled to finals. As soon as it loaded and I was lined up with the runway, both tanks were dry and the engine had cut out. This has happened on numerous occasions so it’s not a one-off glitch. Has anyone else had the same? 

Thanks 

Steve 

3 hours ago, Steve_Kay said:

Has anyone else had the same? 

yep ..

Well with changing aircraft in dev mode but the same thing empty tanks  - but like every second time.

9 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

yep ..

Well with changing aircraft in dev mode but the same thing empty tanks  - but like every second time.

At least it’s not just me Glenn. Although I’m not using dev mode