Working Title CJ4 0.6.0 Released

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.6.0

Key Features

• Overhauled PFD/MFD for better readability
  • Added bearing pointers to PFD
  • Mach number climbs work
  • Transponder works
  • Simbrief import fixes and error messages with database issues
  • Proper altitude constraints (No VNAV yet) and arrival/approach sequencing.
  • Added approach transitions for arrivals

FMS

• Added proper input detection for Takeoff Ref Page
  • QNH now automatically pulls from the PFD so there's no need to type it in
  • Takeoff v-speeds and field length won't show if temperature or runway is not inputted
  • Error messages for when the simbrief flight plan waypoint can't be found in sim database
  • Added approach transitions for arrivals

LEGS Page

• Proper altitude constraints for arrivals and approaches will be shown
  • Adding an approach to an arrival should not put in 2 of the same fixes.

TUNE Page

• Fixed a bug where swapping COM2 would swap COM1 instead
  • Transponder now works (You must select it from the TCAS mode from STBY to TA/RA)

PFD

• Better readability of target altitude
  • Changed the target altitude bug to look like in the real plane
  • The altitude select bug won't disappear when within 300ft of current altitude
  • Baro setting is now easier to read
  • Mach number will show correct value and 2 decimal places. (M0.71 vs M0.714)
  • Mach number readout below airspeed tape is now easier to read.
  • Added bearing pointers for FMS/VOR/ADF and accompanying data block
  • Tuning radio from PFD was removed

MFD

• Overhauled font, sizing, and positioning of upper engine readout displays for better readability and accuracy
  • Fixed pitch trim indicator (was backward) and adjusted default trim position for better takeoff attitudes (Danice737)
  • Fixed ISA temp deviation calculations (Temps should level off at 36,000 at the tropopause)
  • FIxed battery amps displays so it's not -500 anymore (Electrical system still WIP) (Danice737)
  • Added hydraulic pumps tied to N2 so they reach full normal pressure by 20% N2.

Known Issues

• The speed constraints on arrivals may not show correctly because of database issues.
  • After using Direct-To, the navigation will not always automatically sequence to the next fix and may enter ROL mode. You can re-activate NAV to navigate to the next fix if you encounter this issue.
  • The aircraft is still using the built-in MSFS autopilot (for now). All the existing limitations of that still apply. It does behave a bit better with the various enhancements applied.
  • Some flight plan distances may still be misreported when the approach is activated. Please log an issue if you encounter this with details.
  • Some instances of the autopilot skipping approach waypoints still occur - this is deep in the sim handling of waypoints and is, for now, out of our hands. We will continue to research this.
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

In the absence, so far, of more complex aircraft, this Cj4 mods, together with the fbw A320 NX, and Rob's G36 mod are making our hobby a lot more interesting 🙂

I am now really looking forward for the Aeroplane Heaven Spitfire. Not freeware, but probably the first really detailed aircraft add-on, and for me a good chance to try to compare MFS's flight dynamics modelling to my references regarding ww2 aircraft which are still IL-2 Battle of... and DCS World.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Looks a great update, thank you very much.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Don't know if this is related to the mod, but just did a flight with the latest version and when I disengaged the AP the plane had full nose up trim selected.  Made landing a challenge!

Not seen that before either without the mod or in the previous versions so thought I'd mention it.

Hi @Pastaiolo,

We super appreciate the enthusiasm! But it's a bit confusing to folks when a non-WT person posts the release, especially in the format we've been adopting.. We had planned on putting a post up here this morning.

That being said, the post is already here now, so we may as well use it.

Here's the additional information we had planned on including:

Demo video (0.6.0):

Discord link: https://discord.gg/Fa6w2xK -- Join us on Discord for announcements, latest version checks, feature previews/sneak peeks and discussions about the CJ4 and Garmin projects.

Mod Download Link: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.6.0

Scroll down to the bottom where it says assets, download the workingtitle-cj4-v0.6.0.zip

View our SoP Document here, which includes instructions for the Simbrief import: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qb3g2ECsA8XH6gSbqbe5kGydNJ3Tj0j7vJPAWirwh4/edit?usp=sharing

Try out and report back on the simbrief profile: https://bit.ly/3lFM0d3

-Matt

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you again! You guys are making MSFS worthwhile for advanced IFR flying. I almost feel confident enough to bring the CJ4 onto the VATSIM network thanks to your modifications. I just wish they would unlock the CE 700 so you could give the long legged Citation this royal treatment. 

Great news. The CJ4 flies beautifully with this mod.

Thanks so much, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thanks for the hard work - I really appreciate it! I flew from KJAC to KARR and other than the waypoints not sequencing correctly 🙂 it was a great flight.

I did notice that the release notes for 0.6.0 show that the mach number should be 2 digits on the PFD. During my flight they were still 3 digits. So not sure if the download link has been updated to 0.6.0. Also, manifest.json is showing version number 0.5.1.

Thanks,

Matt

I just did a flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh worked a treat great job guys this is the only Jet in the sim in my opinion worth flying at the moment.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I'm Finding this version stutters quite badly for me. 

Tried reducing gauge refresh to medium, this helped but it is still stuttery.

Any one else noticed this? Or do I start looking elswhere?

Apart from that this aircraft is coming along very nicely. You are doing really good things with this.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Is there a way to add victor airways as via's for waypoints? I've tried and nothing seems to happen when I enter one.

9 hours ago, VFRHawk said:

Don't know if this is related to the mod, but just did a flight with the latest version and when I disengaged the AP the plane had full nose up trim selected.  Made landing a challenge!

Not seen that before either without the mod or in the previous versions so thought I'd mention it.

Have the same issue and it actually disconnects the A/P.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.