Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

Working Title CJ4 0.6.0 Released

Thank you for your hard efforts on this now lovely bird! I really enjoy flying it, and the features that it now has. 

I do have a request, though: Is it possible to make some adjustments to the maximum height of the head position in the cockpit? Unless I press Sparebar I feel like Im much lower in the seat than I am with other planes, and I I get a cramped in feeling. I don't like the view on final because I feel im too low, and then I have to use spacebar, but that takes me way too high. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

21 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

I noticed that the title ascribed in the manifest was cj4 and not workingtitle-aircraft-cj4

The folder name doesn't really matter. It just needs to have the right contents. 
Just make sure to download the correct zip and not the source zip, then move the folder inside the zip to community. Done.

18 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I do have a request, though: Is it possible to make some adjustments to the maximum height of the head position in the cockpit?

@Andreas Stangenes The maximum height is somewhat restricted by the boundaries of the model/cockpit ofc.

But you can move around freely inside these boundaries by setting and using the keybinds.

6OqefU4.png 
I have bound these to a "Hat" on my Throttle to move forward/backward and up/down in the cockpit. There are also binding to go left/right.
And besides that there are also keybinds in that section to cycle through the default positions that Asobo defined.

Edited by dga711

One more dumb question before i can start enjoying your MOD

How do you turn on the FMS

I looked it up on this thread but have not found yet

I get a  slash symbol is all 

Edited by peppy197

1 hour ago, dga711 said:

@Andreas Stangenes The maximum height is somewhat restricted by the boundaries of the model/cockpit ofc.

But you can move around freely inside these boundaries by setting and using the keybinds.

6OqefU4.png 
I have bound these to a "Hat" on my Throttle to move forward/backward and up/down in the cockpit. There are also binding to go left/right.
And besides that there are also keybinds in that section to cycle through the default positions that Asobo defined.

sorry I wasnt clear - AFTER moving my head to the maximum height position in the cockpit, i still feel too low in the seat. 

Andreas Stangenes

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

sorry I wasnt clear - AFTER moving my head to the maximum height position in the cockpit, i still feel too low in the seat. 

When you move to the right a bit, I think you get more headroom. But I also think more, would be very unrealistic.
We also have some camera things in the work, but not sure if that will be of any help.

This is as far as I can go and should be enough?

D6KQtyD.png

Edited by dga711

Hi, something is shutting my engines down. Fuel Press red, oil Press red, Bat amp yellow, oil press yellow. I have new MSFS update and also CJ4 061. If i load at runway I* get in the air and engines go dead. If I do cold start and take off engines go dead after a few minutes. The ladt time i tried from full running at the end of runway engines died before i even gave it power to take off. I wonder if with the MSFS upgrade i have a control conflict

15 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

Hi, something is shutting my engines down. Fuel Press red, oil Press red, Bat amp yellow, oil press yellow. I have new MSFS update and also CJ4 061. If i load at runway I* get in the air and engines go dead. If I do cold start and take off engines go dead after a few minutes. The ladt time i tried from full running at the end of runway engines died before i even gave it power to take off. I wonder if with the MSFS upgrade i have a control conflict

@Dutch1 Check your usb controller input settings if you have the Mixer/Fuel Lever bound to any Axis. Somehow this will also cause jet engines to turn off when at 0 position.

Edited by dga711

Just had a strange crash on descent. I was down at 13000 ft descending to 4000 ft, and speed was 270 kias. I was miles away from the red band, and I got an overstress crash. I was flying through cumulus, and it might have been severe turbulence? I never noticed anything. Everything looked normal and all of a sudden just a black screen with the "you've overstressed the aircraft". 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

On 10/30/2020 at 4:47 AM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Thank you for your hard efforts on this now lovely bird! I really enjoy flying it, and the features that it now has. 

I do have a request, though: Is it possible to make some adjustments to the maximum height of the head position in the cockpit? Unless I press Sparebar I feel like Im much lower in the seat than I am with other planes, and I I get a cramped in feeling. I don't like the view on final because I feel im too low, and then I have to use spacebar, but that takes me way too high. 

In addition to the settings that dga711 pointed out, there are additional camera (viewpoint) settings available to you that maybe you're not aware of. They must be set to your liking in each aircraft although you may find that one setting works for all or many. Go to OPTIONS -> SETTINGS -> CAMERA and you will find Cockpit Camera HEIGHT, HORIZONTAL POSITION AND ZOOM sliders that can be adjusted to your liking.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, dihedral said:

In addition to the settings that dga711 pointed out, there are additional camera (viewpoint) settings available to you that maybe you're not aware of. They must be set to your liking in each aircraft although you may find that one setting works for all or many. Go to OPTIONS -> SETTINGS -> CAMERA and you will find Cockpit Camera HEIGHT, HORIZONTAL POSITION AND ZOOM sliders that can be adjusted to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for this tip! 🙂 

Andreas Stangenes