Sign in to follow this  
georgetyrrell

Just a brief Windows Q

Back after a long hiatus , will keep it brief, I'm living in XP world still so Win 8-10 is all new, are people using FS9 on 8.1 or 10? Search function comes up with a miriad of contradictions. Is it Add on dependant? (as in, will some not run on 10 etc)

Regards

George 

FS9 works perfectly with Windows 10. No issues at all. I'm running 8 separate installs of FS9, & have done so for the last 5 years. I'd rather not use an obsolete operating system. Plenty of issues.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Perfect I shall upgrade so. 8 installs!! I'd actually often thought of doing this, have three or four going with varying texture , weather scenery variations. Is that why you do it?

I do it so I dont have potential scenery conflicts.

So, I have an Alaska install, Golden Wings, Ford Tri-Motor Project, Space (yip, even Space scenery) Golden Wings (regressed 1930's scenery), a Vintage install, Heritage (WWII), an install that I use for my virtual club, and a 'test' install. So I have themed spash screens & appropriate aircraft in each install. I did, originally, have scenery conflicts when I had a single install, where my coastlines & mountains were conflicted with 2 different add-on sceneries.

BIG NOTE:

When you install FS2004 into Windows 10, you MUST install into C:\ & NOT into it's default C:\Program Files directory.

You must install the FS9.1 update as well as the nocd patch, or else the sim will not work.

Then you good to go.

IF it crashes, right-click the fs9.exe & run in XP compatibility mode, & as Administrator.

It's quicker to do than it takes to explain.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Windows 10's Program Files folders are now 'protected', to keep fingers away. The files there, especially the config text type files, are not editable there. Also, you can also turn the Windows UAC setting right down. All it does is moan & give you more boxes to tick..

PM me if you get stuck.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...