Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Waiting for the next Robert Young aircraft makeover

This is not in any way intended to put any pressure on Robert to show us his latest mod, but, I had convinced myself that when I open the forum this morning I would find the link. I must state that I was not following any sort of hint, just my imagination going wild. 

This approximates my reaction. 

84F65251-48A3-4F34-890B-1206FA7EC5DE.gif.965bf4d2b5ccccd86c7331046874fcda.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

12 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

There has to be a pill for that. 😏

You think? Do you have an extra one? 😬😳

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

There has to be a pill for that. 😏

There is....Its called the Pill of Hope.   I take one daily when hoping @RXP will finish reverse-engineering MSFS code and allow me to fly to, and display whimsical places like TOJAM on my GTN750. 🙂 

WARNING:  This pic below is of P3D!!!   Only added to inspire all, waiting for the RXP suite of products to grace the new sim.  Not meant to start any long discussions about incomplete SDKs, how horrible MSFS is, or why all 3rd party devs are not already in the market. 😉 

CdYPy0.jpg

Of course, this little piece of commercial software will also complement Mr. Young's creation very nicely as well. 🙂 

I can't share my stash @raymar, they're schedule II prescribed. 😉😉 

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

53 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Baron

TurboNormalized G58 Baron could be a natural evolution of the Turbo Bonanza. 😜

• Like 2

It's the DA62 I'm working on. It is a much harder job than the Bonanza, as there are so many things to address, but I'm getting there. I don't have the Baron as I only have the standard edition. I think the next in line after the DA62 might be the Caravan, although I doubt I can fix the turboprop engine at this stage without more tools and more SDK.

• Like 20
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

14 minutes ago, robert young said:

It's the DA62 I'm working on. It is a much harder job than the Bonanza, as there are so many things to address, but I'm getting there. I don't have the Baron as I only have the standard edition. I think the next in line after the DA62 might be the Caravan, although I doubt I can fix the turboprop engine at this stage without more tools and more SDK.

That is great news Rob, I still think the flight model needs a lot of work on twin, single engine characteristics are way off IMO (I dont have any time in the DA62 and I haven't flown a light twin in over 20 years, but I still remember my first flight on the twin where the instructor demonstrated losing an engine on climb out, holly smokes haha. Failing one engine on the FS2020 model is very mild, not much yaw effect, cant remember being able to feather the prop, etc. etc.)

John

I'm very much looking forward to this! The current community mod for the DA62 on the flightsimulator forum is a work in progress, and the FADEC implementation requires using F2 and F3 to control the engine power. I will gladly donate for a more polished implementation. 

16 minutes ago, robert young said:

Can't you get Sean on board for this? Seems hes got experience on the Da62 🙂 (i havent been folowing if you guys are on good terms or not so sorry if thats a delicate subject :)) 

Id even pay for whatever you guys are able to give us 🙂

In one of the SDK related Discord channels, I saw a video of a working V-tail Bonanza. It had an MSFS cockpit so I don't think it was a conversion of an FSX aircraft. Nor am I sure what aircraft was used for the exterior model; the only v-tail I know of for FSX and P3D is the A2A one. Has anybody else seen this aircraft?

Edited by dobee51
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

In one of the SDK related Discord channels, I saw a video of a working V-tail Bonanza. It had an MSFS cockpit so I don't think it was a conversion of an FSX aircraft. Nor am I sure what aircraft was used for the exterior model; the only v-tail I know of for FSX and P3D is the A2A one. Has anybody else seen this aircraft?

Carenado also made a V-tail for fsx/P3D. Not nearly as good as the A2A offering...but that didn’t need to be said lol.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I love my A2A Bonanza. At first I thought it was a little squirrel-ly, but grew to love it.

I found a freeware version of the aircraft for FSX by Chuck Dome. I might do some tinkering with that.

• Like 1

I'm glad the DA62 is next. The default version just makes me sad because there is so much unrealized potential there. 

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Looking forward to another gem by Robert Young.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.