Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

PMDG 737 BBJ not recognized.

Hello!

When I tried the last 737 NGXu expansion from PMDG, the Cargo version, I was able to use the 737NGXu LINDA Profile as normal. But with the new BBJ addon LINDA is not recognizing the Aircraft. Is there something to setup to fix this?

Sorry if there is an easy solution, I wanted to ask so that I dont mess anything up 🙂

Thank you! 

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

What are the full names of the new aircraft files? Look in fsuipcX.log.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I searched for "PMDG" in the Logfile and found this:

Aircraft="PMDG 737-BBJ SSW PMDG House Split Scimitar Winglets (N737BS | 2020)"

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

8 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

What are the full names of the new aircraft files? Look in fsuipcX.log.

And this, the air file:

G:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-BBJ SSW\B737-BBJ SSW.air

By the way, this is P3Dv4.5 and FSUIPC6

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I recommend you try creating a new module for the BBJ based on the NGXu module.

With the BBJ loaded in P3D, click on New next to the LINDA aircraft selector. Enter a title for the module eg “PMDG 737 BBJ”. Enter the following into the Aircraft Selector String “PMDG*BBJ”. This should list the new aircraft in the box below.

Finally, tick the existing module radio button at the bottom and select PMDG 737NGXu. Click Create.

The aircraft selector should now show the new module title. Make sure SYNC TO SIM selected and box outlined in orange. I suggest you click Reload LUA Engine to get everything working.

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

8 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

With the BBJ loaded in P3D, click on New next to the LINDA aircraft selector. Enter a title for the module eg “PMDG 737 BBJ”. Enter the following into the Aircraft Selector String “PMDG*BBJ”. This should list the new aircraft in the box below.

Finally, tick the existing module radio button at the bottom and select PMDG 737NGXu. Click Create.

The aircraft selector should now show the new module title. Make sure SYNC TO SIM selected and box outlined in orange. I suggest you click Reload LUA Engine to get everything working.

Awesome! I will trie this ASAP!

Thank you for LINDA, I use it for all my aircraft!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

2 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Thank you a lot for the explanation!!!

Be a pilot, learn something new every day LOL

11 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I can't get this to work for some reason. I still see the new item listed in the aircraft selector, but it constantly reverts back to *FSX Default every time I try to select Sync To Sim. I also notice that all my button mappings for the newly created module are blank. On a positive note, it does seem to carry the author, version and date over from the copied NGXu module.

I was working from memory so my instructions may be in error. Please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure and email me the logs plus screenshots of the Edit aircraft module page. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I was working from memory so my instructions may be in error. Please follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure and email me the logs plus screenshots of the Edit aircraft module page. 

EDIT: I found your mail adress in the sticky post for support 🙃

I send you now the required files as I also was unable to set it up.

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

@Rhinozherous thank you for the logs. The screenshots are showing exactly what I would expect. The new module was created correctly and it shows it is Synced to Sim.

Unfortunately, you have not turned on full logging. Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and select the mode on. Then send me the fsuipcX.log again.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

20 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

@Rhinozherous thank you for the logs. The screenshots are showing exactly what I would expect. The new module was created correctly and it shows it is Synced to Sim.

Unfortunately, you have not turned on full logging. Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and select the mode on. Then send me the fsuipcX.log again.

Sorry! I sent you the new logs.

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The new logs show no issues. The buttons you operated have no assignments against them. You must either assign your own functions or copy the config-hid.LUA from the PMDG 737NGXu to the new BBJ folders in /Linda-cfg/aircrafts/ to use your previous setups. Remember you are now working with 2 separate and unique modules. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

15 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

The new logs show no issues. The buttons you operated have no assignments against them. You must either assign your own functions or copy the config-hid.LUA from the PMDG 737NGXu to the new BBJ folders in /Linda-cfg/aircrafts/ to use your previous setups. Remember you are now working with 2 separate and unique modules. 

Ah okay, I will copy the hid file over.

Thank you very much for your support! Donation underway!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Your are welcome.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK