Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo

44 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Agreed. I have no issue of they sell it for a modest profit and/or list it as biddable and then if the buyers bid it up - that's ok. I wish Ebay would put a cap on the scalping.

Totally agree. 

12 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Doh! Don't I feel the fool? I have actually read and forgotten that article!😳😁

Thanks!

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I’ve pre ordered the bravo , there looks like a lot of features on there for the money.

If I don’t get on with it I’ll relegate it to use with the MSFS Xbox set up I’ve got in mind for my 78” screen in another room away from my “serious” simming rig.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I would love this thing, but It’s too word not allowed big.  What is going on forward of the ap switches that needs 11 bloody inches of plastic housing to contain it?  Is it hamster powered or something?  Holy maloo.  I get that the yoke needs travel for the shaft, but the throttles? 

just cranky.  I have a desk that I designed that can accommodate my flight simming, race simming, and music production in one space, and I can’t make this thing work.  I do like the new stick and throttle they teased, but that’s gonna be like another four years.  /rant off

29 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

I would love this thing, but It’s too word not allowed big.  What is going on forward of the ap switches that needs 11 bloody inches of plastic housing to contain it?  

I understand your point and agree it's unnecessarily big, but the reason they give is that it cuts down on costs as they didn't have to retool for a different housing. Now, I'd hazard a guess that it increases their profits more than it lowers the price for the consumer, but that's their excuse and they're sticking to it! Hey, at least they are consistent - everything thing they've released or announce so far is the same price!😄

The cynic in me is sceptical that, despite the above, they don't all cost the same to produce.🤨

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

11 hours ago, mtr75 said:

For whatever reason the Alpha didn’t seem as hard to get ahold of. I just ordered it and it arrived. And that was well after the release date, I didn’t preorder it or anything. Just decided I wanted it and viola.

The scalping of the Bravos on eBay really grates me. I wrote them about it. Never heard anything. If I ran a company I’d crack down on that stuff hard. It really makes them look bad. 

Great typo or are you both a sim and music enthusiast ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I understand your point and agree it's unnecessarily big, but the reason they give is that it cuts down on costs as they didn't have to retool for a different housing. Now, I'd hazard a guess that it increases their profits more than it lowers the price for the consumer, but that's their excuse and they're sticking to it! Hey, at least they are consistent - everything thing they've released or announce so far is the same price!😄

The cynic in me is sceptical that, despite the above, they don't all cost the same to produce.🤨

Chances are they target a price first, and the reason you get so many alternate lever options etc is the quadrant came in under budget so they could throw them in for free rather than charging extra.

Regardless, looks like a great product for the price.

12 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Currently:

Alpha Yoke

Bravo Throttle

Charlie pedals

but they've teased that other parts of the Greek Alphabet will be covered. No more than that though, as far as I know.

Many apologies for the pedantry, but that's the phonetic alphabet, not the Greek one.

If they used the Greek alphabet, it would be

Alpha Yoke

Beta Throttle

Gamma Pedals

Delta Joystick?

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

1 hour ago, Petraeus said:

Many apologies for the pedantry, but that's the phonetic alphabet, not the Greek one.

What phonetic alphabet? Certainly not in my country. 😁

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

18 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

Ah, you meant the International Radiotelephony Spelling  a. k. a the Nato Alphabet
Was just nickpicking you, there exitst several hundred national phonetic alphabets, and many can be used in aviation too.

Edited by dilore

P3D45, 8700K, RTX3080Ti, 32 GB, HDD 3 + 6 TB, SSD 0.5 TB Warthog HOTAS, Honeycomb Bravo, MFG pedals, Reverb G2

I've ordered it right after I got my Alpha yoke last year at Aerosoft. I'm curious how long it takes until it arrives.

Edited by Ephedrin

4 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Great typo or are you both a sim and music enthusiast ?

It’s actually kind of an inside joke. I didn’t think anyone would even notice. Good catch 🙂

• Like 1

I missed getting in on the pre-order nonsense from Honeycomb but have placed an order at Pilotshop, where I got my Alpha. I have no idea when I will see it though. Those Ebay scalpers need to be just that, scalped.

Ryzen 7 5800 x3D, Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Geforce GTX 4080 F.E., 32GB Corsair PC-3600, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 nVME SSD, 1TB Samsung Evo 870 SSD, 500GB Samsung Evo 870 SSD