Sign in to follow this  
BigStubby

Problem with MFS 2020 install

Hi all. 

I installed Mfs2020 on a new computer.it worked fine. Got the Japan update etc.  However, couple weeks later the hard drive died. replaced drive, reinstalled Windows.

I was able to reinstall Msf2020 as before. However, I only got two planes, and no Japan update. In addition, Msf2020 dose not even show up in control panel in order to remove and reinstall.

Odd huh.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Well I hope they are the two planes you like  ..lololol hhahahahahaa

sorry couldnt resist...

this seems to be a commomn problem and I am sure the answer is here if u do a search or on the official msfs forum..

loggin into msfs throught the windows store might solve it  I forget but it happens to alot of reinstallers so i am sure youll get it solved easily..good luck,,,

Did you check your contents folder?

• Like 1

Albert

i7-9700KF; RTX 2070 Super; Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S, 32gb G Skill 3600;
2TB 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVme; 2TB 860 EVO SSD; 1TB 860 EVO SSD; Li 205 ATX Case; Windows 10 Pro x64

3 hours ago, BigStubby said:

Hi all. 

I installed Mfs2020 on a new computer.it worked fine. Got the Japan update etc.  However, couple weeks later the hard drive died. replaced drive, reinstalled Windows.

I was able to reinstall Msf2020 as before. However, I only got two planes, and no Japan update. In addition, Msf2020 dose not even show up in control panel in order to remove and reinstall.

Odd huh.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

I just had the same problem. Purchased and installed an hour ago and requested a refund 10mins ago. I went here for resolution but no. Missing Deluxe or Premium content

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Wonder if this  issues  is  related  to only  those  users  that  bought  it  from other than  from steam

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

55 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Wonder if this  issues  is  related  to only  those  users  that  bought  it  from other than  from steam

Good point!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

On the WELCOME screen goto PROFILE - CONTENT MANAGER, there you will see all the planes, from there you can download them . It worked for me after a new installation.

Henk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pete_auau said:

It affects Steam installations too.

Recently did a major hardware upgrade with clean install of Win10. After installing FS2020 via Steam I too had only two planes. As mentioned, the rest of them need to be installed from the Content Manager.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.