Sign in to follow this  
CanadaOne

Captain Sim Space Shuttle

Guest AOA

Hi"whoa...are you guys implying that I am in some way affiliated with CS? Great...now every time I post a topic, some idiot conspiracy theorist is going to accuse me of planting seeds"I really could`nt say if you are CS or not.I do however find it interesting that you posted an identical thread to another CS shuttle thread that was exactly three from the top when you posted yours.Do you see my point?I see from your profile that you are from Philly which is cool.I live right on the other side of the river so pm me and we can have a chat about why you should not buy from CS until they make good for what they are doing to their customers.Pete

Another Jersey boy here and from one East Coaster to another, heed the advice others have offered and stay away from CS unless all you want is the model or the express line. No serious simmer should consider this group until they give us a reason too...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

AOA,I would never deny you the right to express yourself, but is it really neccesary to inject hostility into every thread about any Captain Sim product?You have the right to start your own thread, and we should all respect your rights to voice your opinion on CS products. Likewise, it would be gentlemanly of you to allow us to have our threads as well.This is a flightsim forum, we are all flightsim fans, and it is reasonable that we be allowed to discuss having some fun without people trying to make us feel stupid for doing so.

Paul,You live too close to New York City be taken seriously :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolAnd as others have cautioned, Caveat emptor, latin for "let the buyer beware". Jim Karn

Or, to quote our illustrious American King, G.W. Bush:"Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, you ain't gonna fool me no more!"

Guest Babubhai

I always wanted to experience a space shuttle simulation, espiacally the re-entry, approach phase.I tried this shuttle simulation the other day;http://www.shuttlesim.be/It is quite complex, but outdated graphically and very very buggy...

Guest AOA

CanadaOneFirst of all I`m not being hostile but when I see my community getting shystered by a developer it gets my goat and I will speak my mind.I know for sure what your attitude is regarding CS and I can assure you that for every CS is wonderful post you will see me right behind saying what I think.Of course if I ever decide to start a I hate CS thread you may feel free to rebut.That seems reasonable does it not comrade?;)Pete

yes way back in the day it looked like that, but why not simulate what it looks like now, with all LCDs?

AOA,I have posted several times that I understand your concerns about CS and I share those concerns in many ways. I've already said I don't like the way they market some of their products and that they should fix the situation with unhappy customers or else they're going to lose them forever and get horrible PR in the forums. I've also posted that I refuse to buy the 757 because of the way it is being sold. What more do you want me to say? Does everybody have to jump on your bandwagon and sing the "CS sucks!" song or else we're all brainless a really excited user and you're going to troll every thread we start that mentions CS? Why can we not have one thread about having fun flying some of the CS products some of us enjoy or at least have a friendly talk about products in development?

Jim, I don't think anyone would take me seriously regardless of where I lived. Besides, who doesn't love a New Yorker? ;) ;)Agreed and appropriately for this topic..."Fronti nulla fides" (No reliance can be placed on appearance) -Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest AOA

LOLWell if you don`t like the way things are you could always post over at the CS forums.I`m sure they could use the lift.As for enjoying their products I see very few that do and you seem to be the exception rather than the rule.As for the brainless a really excited user comment I would appreciate you not putting words in my mouth as I never implied such.Also I could care less weather you understand my concerns or not and the bad PR that you think is going to happen is already upon us with me as an example.I want you to know that I`m going to make it my mission to refresh the communities memory everytime I see a thread heralding some new CS project while leaving a lot of paying simmers in the dust so don`t be surprised."I've also posted that I refuse to buy the 757 because of the way it is being sold"Please point me to this post.Pete

"Also I could care less weather you understand my concerns or not..."Ahh, a true gentleman. Always nice to have people posting who say things like that. So it's not enough people agree with you, or are trying to compromise, or look to find some common ground to base our conversations on, no, it's either 100% your way or the highway. Charming.Thank you for bringing the threads down to the lowest possible level."Please point me to this post."Well, you can read it right above if you can't find the first one, or I can say it again for your satisfaction. "I refuse to buy the Captain Sim 757 because of the shoddy and cheesy way it is being marketed." There, that's three times I've said it and you know what, I'll bet that still isn't good enough for you. I'm sure you'll still find an imperfection in my words to pounce on.Oh well, if you chose to do nothing but post in anger, that's your affair. Some of us are more interested in having fun. :-wave

Guest Ichinin

May as well throw in Orbitersim onto that:http://www.orbitersim.com/It has the shuttle(s), lots of mods (Guess where to download them), its complex, it has real world physics, you can do interplanetary transfers, You can do deorbit burns and land on Mars or whatever you like, and it have EXTREAMLY high resolution textures for planets, and it also support joysticks. The nice thing about it: Its freeware!And now back to topic:Wait a while and see until the first review of the new version comes out then you can decide. Some companys do fix their products. Personally, i would like to see how they have solved the spaceflight problem in FSX, i placed a jet up there it fell straight down and did not go in any other direction until i hit about 100K (feet) altitude.

Guest AOA

CanadaOne"I refuse to buy the Captain Sim 757 because of the shoddy and cheesy way it is being marketed"No that is the first time you have posted that and you know it and it is only to advance your points.If you were only interested in "having fun" you would`nt give a hoot what I thought about CS.Instead you have gone toe to toe with me on this thread as well as another which you can find here.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...=1652&mode=fullIt seems that you have an agenda as well as I with the only difference being that I am tranparent as opposed to your don`t victimize me because I just want to have fun approach.Now I`m going to say this so even you can understand it.I am not angry nor do I hate you or anyone else that just wants to have fun but I feel bad when I see CS do the things that they do to people that I find as having a similar interest I need to say what I think.It`s that simple.Now go have fun you little scamp.;)Pete