Sign in to follow this  

Bought my first addons for FSX

I used my coupon to download the xl2 from eaglesoft which is excellent as it is on fs9, but just as i suspected it takes a massive frame rate hit that on fsx is just not acceptable. It took 6-8 fps from me depending on if the garmin 430/530 systems were turned on. With the cessna in portland i am 21fps and with the xl2 it took a dive to 14. It takes the same amount of frame rate hit from me on fs9 so it looks like a straight port with little or no optimizations to run better in fsx. Great plane but it will have to be used sparingly until fsx runs better in the future.I also downloaded that justflight realscenery british addon and it is fantastic. It runs awesome and the quality of the textures make it seem like there is autogen even thought somehow they have managed to turn off all autogen on their scenery which is why it runs so good. You almost dont need autogen with that scenery anyway. Can't wait for the final version to come out. Great work guys!Dave

Hi Dave,I purchased the Liberty just after it came out and saw similar performance; initially. I don't why, but all of the Eaglesoft planes hit my FPS harder than most other addon's. (comparing other prop and turboprop aircraft). I get much better performance from the Aeroworx's B200 (manual transfer) in the VC. Go figure, since that plane appears to be substantially more complex than the Liberty. Having said all that, I was able to make slider adjustments that allow me to fly and enjoy the Liberty. I turned down the mesh thingy from 1m to 5m and lowered global scenery complexity. I also have implemented many of the tweaks recommended to improve performance. It would be helpful to know your computer specs. IMHO the improved FSX flight model is a good trade off for lowering some of the visual sliders and the Liberty at night is great fun!Bob...

Guest Tingoose

This is what many of we FSX sceptics feared. You may get acceptable rates with an default ultralight or a Cessna out in the bush on a nice cloudless day with no-one else flying around:-lol :-lol, but start again, this time with addons that make flight simming worth pursuing like Activesky with a complex weather system, decent third party airports, decent levels of AI and autogen and of course an aircraft with some level of sophistication. . . . .need I say more!

Guest RGH

Hi Dave.100% agreement with you on the Just flight VFR scenary,The one for FS9 was nice,But these four with 3d & night lighting is wonderfull and as you say no FPS hit infact there is an FPS improvement on my system.RegardsRex

Guest cwright

>I also downloaded that justflight realscenery british addon>and it is fantastic.Dave, you might like to know there is also a free demo for the competing VFR product from Horizon Simulations. http://www.horizonsimulation.com/shopuk/This covers a far more dramatic scenery area (Snowdonia) and it looks truly spectacular.This product may well be superior to Just Flight's (the colours in the Just Flight demo look too subdued as if there had been a huge drought in the Lake District!)Best regards, Chris

Thanks for the heads up Chris. I did not see any link to download any demo from them though to try it out. The justflight package is very subdued though i did notice that. It looks almost like the gamma is way too high for the scenery. The detail is excellent though. Do you know if the horizon software has autogen? The justflight does not and it would be nice to be able to add a bit of that to the scenery. Thanks.