Sign in to follow this  
jymp

Fix for bad AA ?

18 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Some people just won't believe it whatever you say. I experemented with the Nvidia filters, but not much joy.The Nvidia experience is now completely uninstalled and I am on the same 18th August geforce driver. So that is not the problem. The rendering HAS changed.

I have battled for hours to make it better, but the simple answer is Asobo just need to put it back how it was.

I am just ignoring those with unhelpful posts from now on. They come across as arrogant and offensive. They assume stupidity. I actually installed the Nvidia experience to get around this issue, not to start it for heavens sake!

Do you have screenshots to compare. I've been in the alpha and my sim look just as nice as how it was in the alpha 

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Some people just won't believe it whatever you say. I experemented with the Nvidia filters, but not much joy.The Nvidia experience is now completely uninstalled and I am on the same 18th August geforce driver. So that is not the problem. The rendering HAS changed.

I have battled for hours to make it better, but the simple answer is Asobo just need to put it back how it was.

I am just ignoring those with unhelpful posts from now on. They come across as arrogant and offensive. They assume stupidity. I actually installed the Nvidia experience to get around this issue, not to start it for heavens sake!

+1.

No idea why people get so defensive. I actually posted about poor AA few months ago on the official forum and others had the same issue so it's not hardware or driver related, it's software related. I'm hoping they address the issue with AA in future updates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

Do you have screenshots to compare. I've been in the alpha and my sim look just as nice as how it was in the alpha 

Testers are still under NDA.

15 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

Testers are still under NDA.

What does that have to do with anything? 

5 hours ago, devgrp said:

What does that have to do with anything? 

I was referring to your "do you have screenshots to compare" comment.

Certainly if someone had Alpha screenshots they could attach them to a ZenDesk ticket with updated screenshots of the same areas and clearly tag it as being in response to the request for documentation of this issue in the Dev Q&A.

Running with a render scale < 100% is very likely to cause jaggies and other visual artifacts related to the scene being scaled up after being rendered. Some specific render scale %'s can be worse than others depending how the as-rendered resolution divides into the display resolution.

For example, if those narrow light poles in the screenshots posted earlier are <1 pixel wide at the actual as-rendered resolution, when the scene gets scaled up....there's no information there for the scaling to work from.

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

On 10/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

Those of you reporting those issues, have you tried playing with the sharpening filter set to off? For me, there was no discernible change in TAA between launch and the post-release patches, but 1.9.3.0 massively boosted the intensity of the filter, which brings out the shimmering and aliasing a lot more, and creates halo ringing.

Hi All - 

I see in the patch notes as indicated below improves to TAA. Has someone seen any improvements to the AA after the upgrade specific to the issue we are all seeing>

• New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented

3 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

Hi All - 

I see in the patch notes as indicated below improves to TAA. Has someone seen any improvements to the AA after the upgrade specific to the issue we are all seeing>

• New temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) has been implemented

It is interesting that they decided to change the TAA implementation, for me at least it did not change at all since release and it was only the sharpening filter that was boosted with the 1.9.3.0 patch. Unfortunately it will take several hours until I can finish downloading the patch if it's indeed around 8GB big, and many people are reporting CTD issues. Hopefully someone can chime in regarding any AA improvements.

• Like 1

The next bullet on the patch notes is this:

• The temporal upsampling has been fixed (when TAA is active with the render scale below 100%)

It's very possible people using Render Scale < 100% on their 4K monitors had broken TAA before this fix.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Still waiting for the download to finish to try for myself, but if this is true I think the ones that reported it but weren't believed can feel vindicated.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Still waiting for the download to finish to try for myself, but if this is true I think the ones that reported it but weren't believed can feel vindicated.

No changes for me. The issue on the pictures are shared still show the same. 😞

8 minutes ago, nosaj_armstrong said:

No changes for me. The issue on the pictures are shared still show the same. 😞

Sorry .. mine got fixed.

Can i ask you what are your graphic card settings ? Mine is set to "let the application decide" and i dont have Nvidia Experience installed. Game Resolution of 1440p/Ultra

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

AA is fixed big time, my AA tonight after patch is like night and day. Wonderful.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I dont see the differences after this patch. Could be better but its still good for me at it was.

LKKrTgGl.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2