Sign in to follow this  
jsmcwilliam

ATIS voice conflict

I run P3Dv5 under Windows 10 and have just updated to ASP3D and VoxATC 7.43. I have completed a maiden flight and all seemed to work normally, however, listening to ATIS at the start of the flight I hear the Vox version first and get info on the active start and landing runways etc., then the report is repeated - a different voice - with slightly different details. This second report  is then repeated until I change frequency. The active runways , wind, Qnh though different matched the AS data. The taxi instructions sent me happily to the Vox designated runway.  At the end of the flight the Vox landing info now matched the AS data.

At the beginning of the flight there would appear to be a conflict between Vox, P3DV5 and AS which sorts itself out towards the end of the flight. Why is the ATIS report read from two different sources and is there a way to suppress the erroneous one?

John McWilliam

It could be that you are hearing the P3D ATIS

Go to P3D Options - Information and uncheck all the boxes in the Air Traffic Control Section.

Go to P3D Options - Sound and uncheck Voice in the Volume Levels section.

Active Sky has its own ATIS also if one of your comm radios is tuned to a specific frequency. Turn that option off in the AS settings. I usually leave the option active and then I can get an ATIS weather summary by monitoring COM2 and tuning to 122.0.

12 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Active Sky has its own ATIS also if one of your comm radios is tuned to a specific frequency. Turn that option off in the AS settings. I usually leave the option active and then I can get an ATIS weather summary by monitoring COM2 and tuning to 122.0.

not terribly authentic though Jay!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

not terribly authentic though Jay!

Nah it isn't but it's easier than hunting down the closest ATIS frequency while enroute.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, jsmcwilliam said:

Thanks for the response - the conflict is no longer a problem.

Can you share with us what you did to correct the issue. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sorry for the late reply. I followed the suggestions given above concerning P3DV5 options/info and options/sound. But what really helped was the following:

Additional information to note from 18-12-01 to try and improve balance between PMDG 737 NGXu sounds and VoxATC.
1. Reduced engine sound to 25% in FMS Simulation settings for sound.
2. Via Windows Control Panel/Sound/Manage audio devices choose Communications and change "Reduce volume of other sounds by 80%" to "Do nothing".

John McWilliam