Sign in to follow this  
mrm0508

[MSFS2020] M20R Prop Anti-ice

I see an annunciator for the prop anti-ice but it appears to not be implemented. Does anyone know if prop anti-ice is functional?

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by mrm0508
Title

WW5130.png

| i9-10900F - 2080Ti | 32 GB RAM | Win 11 Pro | HC Bravo | AAO | StreamDeck | Air Manager |

As far as I understand it, there is no anti icing systems installed on that aircraft.

There's another switch, an elevator trim switch, but I have no idea what it's supposed to do and whether its modeled.

Well, there is pitot heat, but I'm not convinced that's modeled either.  But even though the icing model in FS is currently broken, the effects are not, and the M20R will drop out of the sky if you let it get too iced over.

15 hours ago, KevyKevTPA said:

Well, there is pitot heat, but I'm not convinced that's modeled either.  But even though the icing model in FS is currently broken, the effects are not, and the M20R will drop out of the sky if you let it get too iced over.

Pitot heat is modeled.

On 10/29/2020 at 3:26 AM, FreedFlyer97231 said:

Pitot heat is modeled.

The reason I said I wasn't sure is because during one icing event (that fortunately I lived through...  Well, the virtual me, anyway.), the IAS got cut in about half before I was able to get back to above freezing temps.  Of course it's entirely possible that's realistic, especially how overly heavy and rapid the sim is with ice accumulation.  

On 11/3/2020 at 3:34 AM, KevyKevTPA said:

The reason I said I wasn't sure is because during one icing event (that fortunately I lived through...  Well, the virtual me, anyway.), the IAS got cut in about half before I was able to get back to above freezing temps.  Of course it's entirely possible that's realistic, especially how overly heavy and rapid the sim is with ice accumulation.  

MSFS models the weight of the ice that accumulates on the aircraft. The extra weight makes it heavier and slows it down. You best find warm air as soon as possible if you encounter icing conditions in the M20R. Pitot heat only heats the pitot tube.

Edited by FreedFlyer97231

On 10/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, FreedFlyer97231 said:

As far as I understand it, there is no anti icing systems installed on that aircraft.

There's another switch, an elevator trim switch, but I have no idea what it's supposed to do and whether its modeled.

ELEV TRIM switch was working but the latest MSFS update broke it ( but trim functions like the switch is on )    ...setting rudder trim had required the switch to be on.