Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

QW787 for MSFS has been announced!

Why QW don't use the default B787 model (interior and Exterior) which seems has better presentation of the B787, QW could redo everything about avionics and dynamics which need the rework.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Why QW don't use the default B787 model (interior and Exterior) which seems has better presentation of the B787, QW could redo everything about avionics and dynamics which need the rework.

That would probably be difficult but I tend to agree...  this is the first sim where default aircraft look better than payware.  I haven't seen one payware plane (which isn't much) that looks better than the default.  The Carenado Mooney is pretty good externally...maybe nearly the same quality as other GA, but their interior is inferior to other default interiors.  Still I'm happy with that purchase.

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, OSM said:

Well I expect price at least $100. 😄

Wouldn't be surprised if its 7,99 a month. 🙃

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

42 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Maybe they are?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

This is great news! The 787 is one of my favorite planes. Definitely looking forward to this! I severely miss the QW787 in P3D. But I'm sure it'll be on a whole other level when it comes out for MSFS.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, nicboyGS said:

That would be problematic when it comes to the fact that they want to sell it. Part of the product would not be their work.

• Like 4

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

I loved this aircraft in P3D and I know I will love it in MSFS too! 

• Like 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

15 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

That would be problematic when it comes to the fact that they want to sell it. Part of the product would not be their work.

They just need to get permission from MIcrosoft/Asobo.  Since this 787 will be a plane in MSFS, I would think they would have a good chance of getting permission.  It's in Microsoft/Asobo's interest to have better airliners in the game so I would think Microsoft/Asobo would give QW permission.  Now if they were to use the exterior and interior models created by Asobo in another simulator or game, then I can see that would break the terms of the agreement.  But as long as they are to use the exterior and interior models purely for MSFS, I would think Microsoft/Asobo would likely give them permission.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

This IS exciting news! Many happy flights in this in P3D - EGLL to SCEL was a particular high point of my pretend career!

4 hours ago, OSM said:

QW787 PMDG killer?

It's not (or at least wasn't) PMDG quality. Feels slightly "plasticky" in comparison. But it's priced far more sensibly and has enough systems depth to keep more or less anyone happy I think.

2 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

In addition to what others have said above, another reason is that the QW product includes all the variants of the 787, not just the -10. So they could only use the existing model for a third of their product, and I don't think there would be much point in doing that... especially if it showed up their own modelling on the other variants! 😉

Edited by mrfilbert
Left room for product-improvement hype!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

33 minutes ago, mrfilbert said:

"... But it's priced far more sensibly ..."

Exactly 😉😎

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I am very happy to hear that QW is well on the way to developing a 787 for MSFS! 

AFAIK, PMDG is looking to release their MSFS 737 in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2021:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/84814-26sep20-let-s-get-down-to-business-shall-we

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

5 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

Why QW don't use the default B787 model (interior and Exterior) which seems has better presentation of the B787...

LOL!!

6 hours ago, nicboyGS said:

Asobo's is only the -10 model, I assume this will include the -8 and -9 models as well.

Great news to see this announcement, it looks really good.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU