Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Citation CJ 4 - Correct Left Seat Eyepoint?

Does anyone have a pic that shows the correct seat height for a pilot who's about 6 feet tall?

Just FYI,  hitting space bar gives a more appropriate view height in any aircraft.  That doesn't answer your question directly though.

• Upvote 1

No matter what view I setup in the CJ4 I always feel like a dwarf

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

The up and down arrow buttons also move your eye point.

• Upvote 1

Mike Beckwith

Ironically none of the presets with spacebar and arrow are really correct for proper seat height. That being said, tend to dial it down in turbulence and up for APP/landing so go figure

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

If you do find your correct eye point you can save it by hitting CTRL + ALT + any preferred number along the top of the keypad. To return to that view, hit ALT + "saved number".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

steve southey

I'm not certain this is how it is in the CJ but normally you'd adjust your viewpoint (left seat) so the orange ball is centered in front of the right-most white ball on the center windscreen pillar

Reference this article:

http://theflyingengineer.com/2012/10/03/a-cockpit-perspective/

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm not certain this is how it is in the CJ but normally you'd adjust your viewpoint (left seat) so the orange ball is centered in front of the right-most white ball on the center windscreen pillar

Reference this article:

http://theflyingengineer.com/2012/10/03/a-cockpit-perspective/

Unfortunately Ryan, Asobo hasn't come close to fitting the device properly to the window pillar. Try it - once you get the white ball centered properly over the right red ball, you find that you're eating the glareshield.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro