Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Following Inge & Claudia to Novosibirsk

Over on Youtube, Air Clips have finally posted the 3rd leg of a Lufthansa MD-11F return trip to Frankfurt, piloted by Inge and Claudia, namely Hong Kong to Novosibirsk, so of course I decided to follow suit with my own simulated MD-11f flight.

Link to their trip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXoFFBxglY

TOW of 263 tons at VHHH. Fuel 64900kg, I had 65 tons on board. I think cargo was 65 tons (I misheard. I think Inge said more than 84 tons on on board!:blink:)...  In the sim, the pilot flying, i.e ME! may be far uglier looking, but the jet is still beautiful.. :wink:

HruUpWW.jpg

NQtKPz7.jpg

Climbing out of Hong Kong (FSX NOTAM: I had inadvertently reduced the shipping traffic below 5% so the Global AI shipping wasn't present!).

JanGGND.jpg

PduBFlL.jpg

Somewhere over mainland China.. :unsure:

WvPHmyk.jpg

Somewhere over Mongolia.. :cool:

NUJVtrV.jpg

and again...

MTHgelv.jpg

Descending to UNNT for visual RWY25...Visual? OK I believe you..!:blink: This is going to be a little bumpy..

4Gc9BhH.jpg

Out from under the clag.. Hmm.. They were right about the visual approach. Still a tad windy though..

eNCXLxb.jpg

Actually, the wind wasn't too bad.. (FSX NOTAM - need to check the ILS course. According to AIE (ILS inspection tool) the ILS for 25 is 252 degrees, but the sim still has 251 - may need to have a dive into Airport Design Editor. There's certainly an offset!)

C11HZSU.jpg

She's down..

6EaRVJt.jpg

mqmriES.jpg

Nicely detailed airport with a big, illuminated sign in case I forget where I am.🍻

lEQ6gQF.jpg

hKIADH0.jpg

As per the real world trip, the freighter is pushed back into its parking spot. Novosibirsk is only a fuel stop - no cargo being unloaded on this occasion.

i5VpEre.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Always have loved the Inge and Claudia MD-11 Videos...fantastic....!!

Interesting re-creation, here,....gives purpose to your flight....(irrespective of the look of the Pilot, and probably also the look of the Pilot Uniform, in the SIM....🙂....)...

Thanks for the post...!!

• Like 1

Nice set...nothing like old IRON

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

2 hours ago, edetroit said:

...... you following me? 😄

No Ed, sorry, to have to tell you, I'm following the ladies - they're better looking.. :biggrin::cool:

... are you flying something back to Frankfurt soon? Just in case... :happy:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

48 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

... are you flying something back to Frankfurt soon? Just in case... :happy:

😄

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 3:24 PM, HighBypass said:

No Ed, sorry, to have to tell you, I'm following.....

Hmm...In that case, Mark, I may have to redact my earlier complement on your post, "...gives purpose to your flight...."...🙂...which was based on loftier aviation interests...

More seriously, watched a couple of more of these Air-Clips MD-11 videos by this pair (perfect teamwork and professionalism...with bits of humor and smile too...)....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, P_7878 said:

"...gives purpose to your flight...."..

A happy coincidence!  :tongue:

Whilst all aircrews featured in Air Clips are professional (of course!), the two ladies do have a certain synergy.

Mark Robinson